The biohack.me forums were originally run on Vanilla and ran from January 2011 to July 2024. They are preserved here as a read-only archive. If you had an account on the forums and are in the archive and wish to have either your posts anonymized or removed entirely, email us and let us know.

While we are no longer running Vanilla, Patreon badges are still being awarded, and shoutout forum posts are being created, because this is done directly in the database via an automated task.

Magnet Status

Comments

Displaying comments 31 - 60 of 384
  1. ill be watching anyways, most likely it will be redundant. :d
  2. @AlexSmith what testing are you using for this new batch to prove they are solid? I don't want everyones hopes to get high and have another batch fail (as everyones have before)
  3. @Benbeezy I'll be using the gravimetric test as a first step. 
  4. How will gavimetric analysis help you at all? I may be wrong on this but after look its up its used to weigh the particulates in water... I know someone who had magnets and was testing them and in water they were fine for a very long time, but a drop of soap to get rid of that surface tension and all of them failed after that. I might be way off base in saying that gavimetric analysis won't be a suitable test. Please correct me if I am wrong.
  5. @Benbeezy https://www.scribd.com/doc/111548048/Gravimetric-Determination-of-Nickel
  6. So you are going for the visual look? I don't think you would be able to weigh the amount of nickel in such a small amount. and won't surface tension still inhibit the very tiny pin holes from showing up? The paper you linked talks about a sample and measuring the nickel in the sample, but a sample isn't attempting to fill all of the hole so you don't need to worry about that surface tension in that application.
  7. yes, I will be using the same method @cassox developed, using dimethylglyoxime as a nickel catalyst and ammonia to speed the process up. This is generally known as a gravimetric test for nickel detection.

you can read cassox's blog post here http://augmentationlimitles.ipage.com/?p=200
  8. oh okay, so @cassox did add a surfactant a few hours in to get rid of the surface tension.
  9. @ChrisBot, sure. Magnets will be sold under my company name Loop9 Technologies, and will be slated for release early November with possibility of an earlier beta.
  10. @mmuyskens. Well I would love to add you to the list, but apparently the forum has a character limit on forum posts. I'll keep trying though
  11. @AlexSmith. Hey I'm new here and would love to be a part of this community. Could you add me to your list for a magnet? Thanks!!
  12. @BobtheSherpa sure
  13. @AlexSmith Could you please add me to the list for a magnet as well? Thanks
  14. @AlexSmith, We are a professional magnet manufacturer. Is there something I can do for you please? Thank you. 
  15. @Psyber  done.

@mandyguolucky  I've PM'd you a few questions 
  16. Please add me to the list, thanks!
  17. Please add me to the list as well, thanks!
  18. Some juicy news from @mandyguolucky xD?
  19. @alexsmith Hope it works out for you this time ... Please add me too ...
  20. Please add me to the list, thanks. :)
  21. Please add me to the list. Thanks!
  22. Me too please! :)
  23. Do you have plans for offering the M36 soon?
  24. Added to the list. 

While I plan to eventually offer M36s, they will still be awhile after the m31s
  25. any updates from @AlexSmith ?
  26. Yes. The second lot of magnets has finished manufacturing and has arrived at my friend's place. Now I need to get them shipped to me for testing.
    Also, the first lot was finally released and returned to the manufacturer, so I had them sent to my friend too.
  27. @AlexSmith I sent a message about being added to this list, but I'm not sure how often the messaging system is used here, so I just wanted to post here saying that I'd like to be added to this list.
  28. Yay :D
  29. im really looking forward to these. hope testing goes well.
  30. @AlexSmith, will update status tonight

Edit: Updated.
Displaying comments 31 - 60 of 384