Hydrothermal carbonization and other nano particle work

124»

Comments

• edited July 2015
    Awstin is running one tonight and the copper produced interesting results. The solution started green but came out pink! I'm excited to run some tests. Also I found an odd little paper. It uses a different method than us and insted of the carbon being on the outside, it's the inside. So when you heat the particles up in an oven it'll burn off the carbon leaving you with a hollow ball of a metaloxide. Works for a bunch of them. Could be good if we can get something inside them. If you could get proteins into the middle and stay there, you could make little bioreactors. But i don't think the balls get big enough for that. Although aperantly you also get some particles that are a ball, inside a larger ball and both are hollow. So makes for interesting results. I think the ones we made are carbon capped though, but I'm gonna try heat some of the copper to see if i burn the carbon off if I have copper oxide nanoparticles. Would be the easiest method to make them i've even seen if it's the case. Although it may require argon so maybe not. We'll see what happens
  • And spherical particles are useful for quite a few things. Could you put a link to the paper up, or add it to the library?