The biohack.me forums were originally run on Vanilla and ran from January 2011 to July 2024. They are preserved here as a read-only archive. If you had an account on the forums and are in the archive and wish to have either your posts anonymized or removed entirely, email us and let us know.

While we are no longer running Vanilla, Patreon badges are still being awarded, and shoutout forum posts are being created, because this is done directly in the database via an automated task.

Let's Write a Lab Manual

Comments

Displaying comments 61 - 87 of 87
  1. we talked about this a bit. adding the theoretical stuff without any background is not a good idea. like, do you know the best nerves to connect to? i have some rough idea, and Cass knows good locations for magnets, but living / non living interaction is not something that anyone here has actually attempted / knows anything about past what we have read. The magnet section will have location recommendations with background but saying that our group is going to advance the field in neurosurgery (for instance) is going to need some strong background evidence to make such a claim.
    This is why we are thinking about focusing on individual sections. Toolkits and the scientific method. We can nail that (also important because the community lacks a strong framework of what these things are). Magnets. I'm guessing that Cass has done more background and real world  work on magnets and their implants than anyone else here. RFIDs. Amal knows stupid amounts of info about these.
    Now beyond these things, there is bodyhacking, noots, and tcds. When you come down to it, the whole outline is just a really long way to talk about 3 things, magnets rfids and tools, with a side does of hand waving... So these are the things we know. We should focus on them intensely for the writing. Make a small book.
    so yeah, tcds, sleep, these would be good sections to start attacking.
  2. Ok so the let's make this the first in a series. Save theoretical stuff for a second manual XD. So is that a yes I should start digging into the body section? or would you prefer I pic one smaller portion?

3. Go on body. Nutrition and Sleep. We aren't doing small. We are going big.

Please make sure that your information is referenced and that concerns are addressed (im lookin at you polyphasic sleep)
  4. Ok can do. Also I'm aware of the limits of polyphasic sleep and that people assume it works better than it does XD the uberman is impossible. it's too rough on your body and will make you all kinds of sick. all of this will be addressed. That and all of a handfull of people have tried it and all stopped due to it nearly destroying them. There was a rumor that tesla essentially used the uberman but then again he was a crazy bastard and if anyone could pull it off it was him but i digress. Is there any specific things you'd like me to include? odd routines that show some benefit? should I include things like honey as an antibacterial and quasi allergy vaccine? or is that too broad? I don't want to have too much random stuff so if you could sort of dial me into what you're expecting that'd be good. 

my thoughts on what i'd cover to start:
    -Food, diet, exercise, and sleep
    -polyphasic sleep and sleep routines
    -napping to increase creativity
    -maximizing napping, not necessarily polyphasic sleep but how to get the most out of a nap if you need energy
    -odd diets to work in combination with other things (like noots) (although I'd want to leave the NIR one to you since it's your thing
    -real "smart foods" not hipster bs but things with studies backing them up, obviously. (things like lions mane mushrooms)
    -increasing memory retention using interspersed excercise while learning
    -tcds
    -what it is and how it works
    -which areas are stimulated and what each area is known to improve
    -basic design
    -safety (ffs you're putting electricity through your brain)
    -materials
    -tcds vs tcms
    -noots
    - most common noots
    -stacks
    -suppliments that should be taking in conjunction so you don't end up with a vitamin deficiency
    -dangers and interactions

thoughts? anything you want in or out? should i include sourcing of parts and materials for things like noots?
  5. take out the tcds and keep it just to no electronic bodyhacks, so noots are in, diet and sleep etc are in. 

looks good beyond that. tcds should be its own whole section. background, construction, utilization. thats a handbook right there.
  6. And first aid? or should that be more in the implantation section? i feel like anything related to cutting yourself open should get it's own section 
  7. med technique is its own thing

just do "body stuff"
  8. ok sweet. ill get working then
  9. The user and all related content has been deleted.
  10. should i include a bit on memory? like memory palaces and stuff?
  11. sure that would be good.technique is important.its not all just hardware tweaks.
  12. So did this ever get finished?
  13. Ha.

Yeah no, everyone mentioned contribution. No one followed through. Story of all the things....

14. well why aren't we following through? 

i would be happy to proofread and do the spell editing if needed. if you can use my help just msg me.
  15. Hrm,. it's not that easy. Everyone has their own projects, people said they would contribute, and then didn't... honestly, I think this is a bigger project than we are ready for.

Heck we still have people using superglue instead of sutures. There is little effort made to standardize the techniques and information available. No big surprise that having a little write up is not actually panning out...

edit: we are still struggling with a wiki. babysteps are in order.
  16. i see . so we're putting this off then.  as long as we are not abandoning the idea entirely. i'm all for a relatively shorter version. maybe nothing too crazy, but just putting all that we know in it so that any random people would get a fairly good idea.  that kind of thing...  aight.
  17. I suggest we put effort into the wiki, as once we have a centralized repository of information we can just pull from that to make a draft in the future.
  18. Honestly when you said lab manual, I was thinking more specific initially. Like, a series of lab manuals detailing specific tasks. They could always be conglomerated into a full manual at a later date.
  19. So...hey. When I read this thread I was pretty excited. Then I realized that I'm not the implanting type, for the most part...and while that may change in the future, and thus such a manual might be of use then, there is much missing from what you propose.
    So I made my own, sorta: I call it the "GrindCore", and it's more a collection of instructional youtube vids, textbooks, essays and ebooks, all geared towards extreme self-improvement.
    This sounds great, right? Except it's huge. 1.6Gb huge.

Believe it or not, the ebooks take up most of the space...the DSM alone is something like 400Mb's.
  20. My phone has more storage than that ;)

Can you list what you have? Can you seed a torrent? Megashare in pieces (vids, text, ebooks)?
  21. That's...a very good point.
    How the hell -will- I get this to you or somebody else?
    My bandwidth is somewhat limited and canadian, but any suggestions would be well received!
  22. *Sigh*...Still working on this, I haven't disappeared.
    Apparently torrent files are not simple to set up for the vaguely computer literate, but I will post what I come up with.
  23. Break it into multiple zip or rar parts, and pass it off via dropbox. One of the more bittorrent-experienced members can setup and seed a torrent.
  24. yeah, if you can get to me, I can seed/host for others. if you have problems, let me know.

25. Ok! So, apparently google drive is a thing. Here's a link, and I hope they aren't just making it up when they say that anyone can use it!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4bhklq7CQFAY1d6RUlKMDZmckU/view?usp=sharing
  26. looks great, but those formats are killing me, how am I supposed to open .rtf, normal word spits random letters, online converters do basicaly the same.
Displaying comments 61 - 87 of 87