East cost peeps
  • MeanderpaulMeanderpaul August 2015
    Hey I know lots of you guys are on the west coast but I figure there must be east coasters out here!
    I think we (if there is enough) should get a meet up at some point for those of us who can't travel cross country.
    I'm up in southern Maine
  • CarterexCarterex August 2015
    Northern Georgian here
  • ElectricFeelElectricFeel August 2015
    I'm East Coast, Usually in Norfolk, VA.
  • TheGreyKnightTheGreyKnight August 2015
    Eastern Floridian.
    Man lots of southerners. Guess I need a nice warm road trip to key west some time in the winter.

@electricfeel you type like your from Boston lol
    I have a lot of friends from up that way. They take a toll on me.
    Haha it happens I'm from there moved to Maine. I always get accused of making fun of Maine accents cause they are so close.
    My accent is weird as hell. I get asked if I'm foreign a lot. That happens when your accent is a Frankenstein of southern, british and northeaster. I played a lot of online games when I was setting my speech patterns.
    i know the feeling mines morphing into a Maine Boston hybrid
  • BirdMachineBirdMachine August 2015
    Boston here :D and apparently I've managed to avoid picking up the accent. 
    Haha some would say that's good I say it's a shame. @chironix you the traveling type? I figure Quebec or Ontario?
  • maxatmicmaxatmic September 2015
    I'm late to this one but I'm in NYC. Any New York folks?
  • MeanderpaulMeanderpaul September 2015
    We won't judge you lol. I don't think to many people on the east coast or at least on this forum sadly.
  • louisville13louisville13 September 2015
    Little late to this forum, but I'm in eastern Kentucky.
  • _mz_o___mz_o__ September 2015
    Philadelphia reporting in.
  • TheGreyKnightTheGreyKnight September 2015
    So, another important question if we decide to host an east coast grindfest-type event. Does anyone have a property we can host at? I don't, and won't for at least another 5 years(excluding the fact that I'm quite far away from all you northerners, which is definitely inconvenient).
  • MeanderpaulMeanderpaul September 2015
    I was thinking about that trying to figure out a central location that would work but we are mostly up north or down south. I know I'll be land hunting this coming year (once the snow season is over) so I would up here but that is about as far as you could get away from others.
  • MeanderpaulMeanderpaul December 2015
    So I've moved back down to Massachusetts from Maine so I'm a little closer. I do have some places I could use for some kind of event here. The first thing that comes to mind is Plymouth center which has convention halls galore and also some nice areas to gather outdoors.

Right now I don't know how much it would be to use one of these halls but I do think I have a connection to one that could be useful if we did.
  • BirdMachineBirdMachine December 2015
    Yay, another Masshole :D
    There are hackerspaces in Boston that might be ok hosting an even, and I know the Artisan's Asylum over in sommerville will host public classes and events sometimes. I'll keep an ear to the ground on that and see how it works.
    That sounds good. I always knew I wouldn't be able to escape this place ;).
  • thegoatgodthegoatgod December 2015
    I'm from Maine too :D
    What town are you in? I'm from Kennebunk
  • ElectricFeelElectricFeel December 2015
    I'd love to come to a Boston meetup if it weren't a 10 hour drive :P
    Can't blame you @electricfeel.

I was living in Saco @thegoatgod
  • ChrisBotChrisBot December 2015
    Upstate New York here
  • thegoatgodthegoatgod December 2015
    Was? Did ya move?
    I did move about 2 weeks ago
  • AlesiaAlesia December 2015
    Northern VA (basically DC). Philadelphia and NYC are kind of middle ground... But hotel prices in nyc are ridiculous.
  • _mz_o___mz_o__ December 2015
    I'll ask around about a spot in Philadelphia since it's a middle ground for us north-east folk. There are a couple decent hackerspaces that might be willing to host. There's also GenSpace in NYC which might be more accommodating.
  • GrazerquartGrazerquart March 2016
    North Georgia here, I think it would be great if there were more events that are located on the east coast. Or even just meeting for stuff like the next Grindfest and conecting via skype or google hangouts. And then getting one or two of us who can do implants and stuff like that.
  • MeanderpaulMeanderpaul August 2016
    Hey I'm gonna bring this back to life and see if we've gained any more people.

I'm also going to bring up a thought. What do you southern people think of a middle ground like Virginia beach? That would open the reach to some of the wetware people in PA and could even include @benbeezy.

My thought is maybe using it as a larger gathering and then having smaller regional type events for instance I'm in southern Mass now and we would have a northeast gathering.
  • BirdMachineBirdMachine August 2016
    I am all about this! I've got at /least/ a year to go till I can find some kinda hosting space for the NE sadly... but getting more in person action is a great way to keep projects going! And Virginia Beach sounds like a pretty rad place :D
  • DmLawrenceDmLawrence August 2016
    I am game as long as I got a couple of weeks in advance to take off from work.
    That is absolutely possible Dmlawrence. Simply put with the small amount of us NE people we could even do a carpool down which would work out. I just there is others in the south who are just lurking now since they seem to have gone quiet.

What do you then of maybe finding a security company/agency that could fund/support it? Maybe a demonstration of how the implants can be used to help their security systems or even hurt.
  • mmuyskensmmuyskens August 2016
    I'm going to be out in Peachtree City, GA for a few weeks sometime mid/end September - dates pending.

Anyone down for beers?

Too far for me right now that early. I'd be able to do things a lot more next year since I'm just working like crazy this year.
  • Dirksavage88Dirksavage88 August 2016
    Orlando here. And Virginia beach sounds nice
  • TheGreyKnightTheGreyKnight August 2016
    My whole schedule's in chaos right now, but that's the best option idea I've heard for east coast shenanigans so far.
  • yotonyyyotonyy August 2016
    @chrisbot
    Upstate New York yes! I'm near syracuse
    Haha I thought it might be a good one ;)
  • GrazerquartGrazerquart September 2016
    About Peachtree City, GA. I am in the area, and I wouldn't drink, but I would love to get a chance to meet up with at least a few of you guys in person. PM me.
  • AerisAeris September 2016
    I'm up in Quebec so Virginia beach is pretty damn far, but who knows...
  • mmuyskensmmuyskens September 2016
    Grazerquart - I don't know the exact dates yet I'm going but I'm also down to just hangout and skip the bar scene.
  • MeanderpaulMeanderpaul September 2016
    If all goes well I should actually be able to do some traveling next spring.

@aeris we are also talking about just a New england gathering up in NH (obviously if you wanted to go you could). Quebec isn't terribly far from NH. We are trying to narrow down possible locations.
  • AerisAeris September 2016
    @meanderpaul Yeah, NH is doable. Still a long drive, but not ridiculous like Virginia Beach.
  • QuantumQuantum September 2016
    Central Floridian here.
  • _Larry__Larry_ October 2016
    I'm in SC and would like to go to a real organized event with vendors and such 
  • Dirksavage88Dirksavage88 October 2016
    Quantum, I'm in Orlando lol. Whereabouts in central florida?
  • DarthchedarDarthchedar October 2016
    I'm in NC.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Twitter Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Google

In this Discussion

Tagged