Test Implant 04/22

2»

Comments

• once it's healed should be. The whole point of this is that it becomes another part of your body rather than some shitty jewellery that if you don't take super care of it gets infected 6 months later. It's supposed to fuse to you so the wound is water tight so of course we're making it so all the functional bits are water tight as well. The work that's going into making these is sort've absurd :P
  • Here's the finished model and stuff without text. Text is part of my new site so you'll see that once the site is built. Still have 4 more of these to make to start out with. But this is the first in a series. From now on all our products and research projects will be displayed in this format. Here's the photo
  • Really digging the Sarif ad style, almost makes me want to get an implanted USB drive despite the shortcomings
  • Would be pretty sweet to have some sort of NFC connection to the usb, just place the reciever connected to your computer on your arm and transfer what you want. That way, you won't have the end of a USB stick going out of your skin. I'm pretty sure that NFC isn't fast enough though, you can't beat the speed of a straight connection.
  • Ok, so the whole point of this, as Cassox pointed out earlier, is to work on a transdermal system. Not to make the best internal usb for your arm pocket. The usb is just proof of concept

I agree that nfc would be better. I suggest starting a new thread, taking what has been done here, and spinning off into internal storage or something.
  • Hehe. Internal storage.
  • Where is the goddam like button?
  • Any more progress made on getting a more finalizeddeveloped prototype finished?
  • I have the enclosure made I just need to trim and polish. Waiting on a saw to cut through the metal. Mine was too thick. Gonna make 5 more after that then they get sent out for the first round of coatings.
  • This is probably a very bad idea, but:
    Would taking a skin graft and turning it inside out around the implant work to make it heal quicker and become watertight faster?
  • I doubt it. That would probably just be cause for infection or rejection since your body will want to remove the skin that's pointing the wrong way but I could be wrong. Either way, not how we're doing it. We're letting the body do the work and giving it the time it needs to heal.