Impressions of a Bio-Thermo Implantation

2»

Comments

• I see what you mean about the range of motion on the upper armpit, so I tested out a few spots, still trying to avoid blood vessels and lymphs, and found a good spot with little motion. It's just to the left of the pectoral muscle, in base of the armpit. I'd recommend cutting vertically to minimize the risk to blood vessels.
  • Very cool data aviin, I look forward to more. A Bio-Thermo implant is definitely the next thing I'd like to get implanted and it's nice to see an implant site that has "close enough" results. If more results continue to show that the armpit remains relatively consistent with oral readings I'd be happy with just averaging out the difference and adding it on top of whatever reading I would get with an implant.

How difficult/dangerous would it be to re-sterilize the chip after removing the bio-bond cap? I probably wouldn't mind leaving it on even though it would make it more difficult to take out of me if I ever wanted to down the road, but it would be nice to make taking it out easier if re-sterilization wasn't a hassle/hazard.
  • edited April 2015
    @Kryko - Regarding the readings being "close enough," I would point out that various parts of the body will always have different temperatures, so oral versus axillary will probably never agree exactly, regardless of the method used to take the temperature reading, and even the offset between them will fluctuate.  The trick is having a spot that isn't hugely affected by ambient temperatures and establishing a baseline range of temperatures for that region.  These chips aren't so much for establishing a concrete body temperature value (as that will always vary on the location in the body) as they are for allowing one to identify when a temperature anomaly is occurring.  For example, if I were to get a reading much above 36.5°C from my axillary chip, at this point I would feel pretty confident in saying that I'm running a fever.

In regards to removing the BioBond cap, I've read about others removing such caps from other chips and implanting without issue, though not everyone will necessarily report failures (I wish they would).  I've also read about people purposefully roughing the surface of chips that don't have a cap like this in order to simulate a cap (a horrible idea, but it has been done).

I'll opt to leave the caps in place for any chip I implant that has them, but I would like to see a removal procedure of a capped chip.  Or maybe I'll remove one of mine at some point just to see what it entails, but don't hold your breath on that.

As I mentioned above, I did not take readings today, but you can all expect another graph tomorrow.
  • Another data set.  12 consecutive hours.  The values look more erratic until you take into account that the total range displayed on this graph is a bit less than any of the prior ones.  I really should adopt a standard high and low temperature value on the graph to make them all easily comparable.  I will endeavor to do so going forward.

• @Aviin sorry for the late response I've been really busy with school recently. Thank you for expressing all your concerns, however I am not too worried about the implantation because I always do it with my Dr. friend around. That being said, my implant arrived today! I cant wait to implant it under my arm! Unfortunately, I have to wait a few weeks until my Dr. friend is back in town. It's going to be a long 3 weeks...