Good age to start implanting?

edited March 2015 in Magnets
Hi, I'm really interested in biohacking, particularly magnet implants, but I wasn't sure that implanting at my age (15) would be such a good idea. Anyone got any insight for a good age to start? whenever you stop growing? Thanks!
Tagged:

Comments

• And yes, I have already looked into wearables and non implanted stuff
  • Is there someone willing do implant it for you? He could get into real trouble for that if you are not 18 (in some countries even if you are), if you are implanting yourself I would say don¨t but it's your choice so at least watch some FULL videos of people doing it - don't just skip what you want. Also have friend close by because if you pass out he will save you from bleeding out.
  • I'm pretty young and I've been fascinated on biohackin for a while now. I don't know if you should implant without letting your parents know beforehand they might not be too happy about it. I'm getting my dad to implant a m31 on my left ring finger this weekend. We talked it through and I got both of my parents into it, even though it was hard to get my mother in it, but now it's gonna happen.
  • edited March 2015
    It really depends more on the spiritual age than on the physical, but be warned that you can't measure your spiritual age for yourself.
    The thing is younger people tend to underestimate the risks, also often they don't really care (thinks I heard from younger people are for example: "I pierced myself with (not sterile) safety pins multiple times and there never was an infection, so it's fine").

If you have professional implanters in your country please go to them - if possible. In some countries they want(/need) agreement of your parents, so they should be on board (but even then some might say no cause of moral reasons). In other countries (as others already told) it might be illegal.

If you're really going to do this on your own read as much as you can about the anatomy of the fingers (especially the finger tips, finding infos about them is sometimes hard) as well as hygienic informations (how to do a surgical hand disinfection, what's the difference between sterilizing and disinfection, how to prevent cross contamination and so on).
    If you never worked with the skin before it might be a good idea to try the whole procedure (except the final insertion of the implant) at another part of your body with no digital nerves, arteries or vines nearby and where you wouldn't matter that much about scarring issues. This is just to give you a feeling for the skin and the tissue below (after all you have to separate the skin from the rest, going not deep enough will cause rejection, going to deep could cause rejection, excessive bleeding and/or serious nerve damage). The skin thickness differs from person to person and even from body part to body part, so don't think you can just copy the test procedure at another body part 1:1 to your fingertips.
    If you know some: Talk with piercers, tattoo artists and medic students (better not with doctors/professors, most likely they will call you crazy and won't give you any information).
    Also make sure there's somebody with you over the whole procedure. At best one of your parents but a friend you're _really_ trusting with this would be fine, too. That person should at best have the same level of information as you have + be trained on first aid, cause when you pass-out he will have to stabilize you, decide to abort or finish the procedure (aborting most likely, except the magnet is already in and just has to be pushed a bit to reach its final position) and call emergency help when you won't wake up in around 10 minutes.
    If you plan to use Lidocaine for pain management (which, if legally available, you should - else the pain will get horrible and, if you're not trained to work which such high pain levels (which I doubt looking at your age), will most likely stop you from finishing the procedure) also make sure to use a low-risk method (the two-injection method has a risk of piercing the digital nerves or damaging capilars) - if you need more info on that send me a PM as I'm currently planning my implants and already found the best (but also most unknown) method; I tried it yesterday (without implanting, just to see how it works out) and not only was it simple but also completely pain-free (pushing two needles in the webs of your fingers close to your digital nerves will hurt much more).
  • As to the "just try it somewhere else", please don't do this. Every time you cut into yourself you're exposing yourself to huge risks. It could get infected or your guess as to where you can try things out could be wrong and you could hit something important. You really shouldn't just be cutting into yourself randomly. As to when to get into the scene. Honestly, it's hard to say. If you talk to your parents and really really explain what it is and they are ok with it then go from there. Otherwise wait till you're 19 and have a professional do it. I can't think of many professionals who would implant someone under 19 as most places have laws prohibiting that. If you're hellbent on doing it on your own, watch my video, watch cass's video, read cass's blog where the procedure is. Then reread and rewatch it all 4 more times so you're damn sure of what you're doing. Read the post care bit on the wiki. Read as much as you can before you try something. If you're gonna do it you must use lidocaine. Some people don't and I have no idea how. It hurts like hell and the last thing you need is your hand shaking. With lido you feel nothing.
  • Violator I highly doubt you found the "best and unkown method". Unless you've found a way to just will the magnet into yourself I highly doubt it. I don't know how many times this has to be said. Please just stick to the established protocol. We made it for a reason. It's safe, and effective. If you feel like experimenting fine, but document it well and share. Do not go around passing untested protocols via PM.  
  • My mom has a master's degree in nursing and about 8 years of experience working at a hospital, she would be willing to do the implant, she has done things like this before. Thanks for all the input you guys. I'm not sure whether or not I'm going to commit yet, but thanks for the info. 
  • pibpib
    edited April 2015
    There is some questionable legality happening in this thread.

My general 2 cents: get some tattoos and piercings before moving on to implants. That would be a good litmus test for anyone's capacity for pain tolerance, as well as their ability to effectively heal these sorts of wounds. If one cannot get a tattoo or piercing for whatever reason, perhaps such as age, then don't.

Also, this community has a robust culture of transparency and sharing of information, experiments, success and failures. It strikes me as going against that, as well as being extremely disrespectful, unethical, and again questionably legal to claim to know a secret process without divulging it. Let alone offering to share it privately with a minor. (Who just implicated a family member in performing a questionably legal medical procedure, I should add.)
  • edited March 2015
    I second that. Let's not have any "this one secret method will make you implant like a pro" comments here. Everything on the table or nothing please.
    edit: this is not an invite to hear it all right here. start another thread or whatever.

I stayed away from this just to see what other people would say, but also because i'm kind of a straight forward jerk.

Look, what you do in the privacy of your own home is your own biz, unless you are beneath the legal age, in which case it's your parents biz. It is definitely not the providence of a bunch of random people on the internet who have a penchant for hacking on themselves.

Beyond that,  if your mom works at a hospital and she does this, that is her own business. Try to stay away from making claims about people that might endanger their job.

We are great people for advice on techniques and procedure. Hardware and whatnot. You want to know if it's ok to do something? Talk with your parents.

Just in case I'm, not making myself very clear, (and I can't believe I have to say this) no one here should be encouraging minors to preform surgery. Screw your heads on, people.
  • chironex and others: Sorry, that's not what I wanted to do. I will document the Lidocaine injection as soon as I do my implants (which will take some time as I have a wound on one of the fingers of the other hand and I want it to heal before doing them) but in the meantime you can do some research on your own, the method is neither secret nor undocumented, just not as widely used as the default (which looks to be the default just because it's the oldest method) two-injection dorsal block.
  • Maybe we weren't clear enough. You are making extraordinary claims which as usual require extraordinary evidence. As such the burden of proof lies with you not us. If you have some method you claim is the best, document yours and we'll be able to judge if it's actually better. There are several medical professionals on here who'll be able to quickly tell if your method is better. Everything here is open source. There are to be no secret procedures. That's how someone can get very seriously hurt. What is your method called? That block sounds like a normal nerve block, which is standard. 
  • Take it to a 'nother thread y'all