Implant size

right now one of the biggest hurdles is size. sepperating out the battery and charging unit from the main device would reduce size. so you could have two small bumps on your arm or w/e rather than 1 huge one. to do this, you would need wires that go from one to the other. so my question is this: how hard would it be to do wires say down the length of your arm from elbow to wrist?

also, any other suggestions for minimizing implant size welcome!
Tagged:

Comments

• There is at least one giant thread discussing implanting wires and the problems therein.

reducing coating thickness would helpo with implant size, also, being very serious about your design philosophy in as much as wasted space and realistic goals.
  • edited July 2014
    This is Exactly what has been my idea all along, battery, coil and charging circuitry alone are relatively flat and should fit well enough below the elbow (like the Circadia). Running two wires could be problematic because of the sideway turning of the wrist.
  • glims: is there a risk of the coating being too thin? has anyone done tests for how thin you can get away with without any risks?

S01110s: i dont think the turning of the wrist would be a big deal at all. just make sure they have a tiny bit of slack.  if you put the batter and shit on the underside of your forearm just below the elbow, then ran the wires to the underside of th wrist, i dont think it would be that bad?
  • sure. depends on what you are using tho. each material has a different young's modulus and shear resistance.

there are lots of tests that have been done on the material properties. I did a bunch for amal of dangerous things just a while back. i also tested the current coatings that we use for magnets. it's one of the things that got me motivated to work with cassox on new coatings. 

it all depnds on what you want and you are trying to coat. are you using silicone (because it's easy but terrible), or are you using titanium, (because it's robust but solid), or are you grafting a mixed charged molecule brush up from the surface of your object (because you are in a lab)?

There is no simple one material coats all option.