How do you guys 'play' with your magnet implants?

edited February 2015 in Magnets
What fun do you have with your implants? I work a desk job, and so far I've enjoyed rolling a spherical magnet around my desk with my finger, and having a pile of staples I do my best to pick up the most from. Do you guys have any similar diversions with your magnets that are idle endeavors?

Comments

• Oh my lawdy. yis plz.
  • Just a note, that Ferrofluid doesn't work with my magnets.  That said mine are the 3mmx.7mm from the group buy a while back.
  • I have some buckyballs around that I've started learning to manipulate

That and I have some paperclips around, plus I try and keep a bottle cap in my pocket as a go-to mobile fidgety toy.

That fluid looks delightfully fun! I might need to make it a new desktop toy soon.

• @BirdMachine Do you have your magnets in the side of the hands? How are they working out for you? I just put one there last week and I'm worried that it's ineffectual because I can't feel anything yet. When I had one in my finger, I was able to feel loads at this point. Also, I don't know if it's just me, but that area seemed incredibly difficult to cut; too squishy.
  • Yeah on that note I have noticed that as well. I have had it for almost 2 months however the only thing I can hardly notice is the motor from my alarm clock. Not even my microwave running helps me feel anything.

I really don't have a level of what to expect so I haven't thought much of it until this point considering it still technically is "healing".
  • @CitrusBolt side of both hands, yep! They're working out fairly well for now. I had them done at a piercing shop a few months ago, and I've noticed that time really does make a difference. I can pick up and sense more things now than I initially did, but I still have some decent scar tissue around the area. Not as much as I did at the start, though. Healing does make all the difference :)

Thinkgeek also has this stuff
    https://www.thinkgeek.com/product/5ac8/
    And there are magnetic versions! I wonder how these would work out...