NFC chip, at hand, or shall I say fingertips?

edited February 2015 in RFID/NFC
Near field communication works via radiowaves, are they small enough to put in your fingers, ie. passcard, indoor keys, oyster travelcard etc.

Tagged:

Comments

• Hand, if you choose a different part it would be extremely easy to break
  • Actually, @Amal (from DangerousThings) and I did some tests on these at the lab that I work at. We found that even under intense pressure that resulted in crushing and destroying the implant site, the tags themselves were still intact and functional.
  • True, we did some awesome crush testing; https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.724775804207300.1073741835.521754531176096&type=1

I would still recommend though that these tags not go into fingers or directly under or near any gripping surfaces in the body.
  • Hey guys I am just getting into nfc considering implant chip but if you guys are interested in getting any stickers let me know I am sourcing about 50,000 ntag 213 215 Orr 216 stickers I would gladly sample a few out to some of you to play woth to see if the functionality is worth the implant. They are cool to stick around for random functions as well. I use them in my business cards and all a ton of printed content for work.
  • I am getting them for under a dollar so I'm talking a free tag to play with cent maybe shipping lol so perhaps of you PayPal me a dollar or something I'll ship you some.
  • Yes please atrocious00