New guy looking for magnetic implant info!

2»

Comments

• Cass do you have any stuff that I can get off of you?
  • Finally got my pmk from dangerous things. Now just waiting on supermagnetman to send me the proper stuff!
  • Got my email from supermagnetman today. They get shipped out today! 
  • So I'm in the same boat. They sent the wrong ones again lol. Why do we have to have parylene? Can we not just use the nickel coating that they come with?
  • edited April 2014
    Ok. To people who've written to me, I PROMISE to follow up on emails and kit requests this weekend. I'm buried at work and with the SFM projects. Regarding kits.. I've still got everything and am now sending the majority of the equipment autoclaved/sterilized. I'm no longer sending out dental coated. I promise I have something in the works that should be magnificent... but its still being tested. I DO have some plain jane Parylene available. They are literally the ones from supermagnetman. They sent me out the right batch I had ordered, so if you want i'll throw a couple in if you get a kit. Kits are 60 plus shipping.

Now the thing is, I'm not really throwing this here in the hopes of getting business. I'm really into this and I want to bring up two points that may persuade you against my kits.

1. Location and implantation: More and more people are being trained all the time to perform implantations. Most are around 200$. If your going to get one, why not have a pro do it? Also, a lot of people aren't even going fingertip any longer. I keep reading about wrist and hand implants.

2. Magnet... If you wait, I promise by June I'll have something cool to share. Beyond that... Cyborg and Haworth are in all likelihood selling something better than parylene. My Parylene never rejected. It's used in medical devices sure... but I'm not convinced that the magnets we're getting are coated adequately. For more info, consider hitting up Dangerous Things. I know he's been doing some prototype work and analysis of surfaces for a project and he could probably write a damn good article regarding the benefits/detriments of parylene.

So really, what I'm saying is that I'm absolutely willing to help anyone out that has questions or wants some of my gear, but I'm also being as super honest as I can that its not optimal. Now, "optimal" aside.. it's fun. I don't personally mind cutting myself up a bit and playing around.. perhaps even with a possibly substandard product. Perhaps your just so damn excited you want it now. I get that. I just really want you to know what your getting yourself into because the last thing I want to do is promote something sub par. The coolest part of biohack

• It cut me off above. Strange. My remaining point was that when people are selling a product, they have a vested interest in convincing others that their product is best. I have no interest in this. If someone is selling something better, I promise to tell you. In fact, above I just did.
  • You're awesome Cassox, I was thinking about buying a kit but realized they don't come with the balls required for me to cut myself open lol. I'll most likely have a pro do a wrist implant this summer.@Sixth_sense a nickel coating is baaaad news. You do not want nickel in your blood stream.
  • Yeah I'm not gonna use them hahaha. They have been great to deal with for getting me the right stuff. Although it's been a while they remain in constant communication.
  • finally got my right ones. the look almost black in color, im told that this is the parylene coating. gonna start prepping everything now haha