where to buy implant ready magnets

edited February 2015 in Magnets
so ive been looking through the forum and got overwhelmed at the amount of posts that lead nowhere or just opinions
so im pleading for anyone to either sell me or point me in the right direction of a magnet that is more than just parylene c coated
so that i can walk into a piercer and get him to implant it
i know i can coat it myself but i dont trust my skills as ive never done it before
Tagged:

Comments

• I know that @Cassox was selling some resin-coated magnets at one point, and last I heard, he was working on finding another material to coat them with. You could shoot him a message.
  • $100  for a $3 magnet, does it come with a free blowjob cause thats the only way ill pay that much just for the magnet
  • Guess that means the world's oldest profession won't die out if we all become cyborgs ...
    Originally the piercer here in Welly quoted $300+ for the magnet, procedure and anaesthetic etc - most of that cost being the magnet itself and getting it from America to NZ. Thankfully when I went in a few weeks later, NinjaFlower had managed to source directly from the factory Steve uses and the total cost had dropped to $100 ($50 for the magnet, $50 to have it implanted).
    Perhaps the Biohack.me should look at selling implant-ready magnets from here? It seems to be one of the most common questions asked here and sourcing them is obviously a problem.
  • Other options: Regular group buys? Or seeing if Amal would be interested in selling them through Dangerous Things.
  • Kjwx,
     I was selling resin coated magnets. I always sent follow up emails to everyone and have always heard good results. I noticed though that my magnet area seemed to have some density that I hadn't gotten from the Parylene only. Saal tried the dental resin type of coating twice. I believe he made his own and not mine. (Am I remembering this correctly Saal?) He used the same type of resin though and both times he attempted an implant, it rejected. I decided to take mine out and see if there was an issue.

There was no sign of infection, adhesion, and no break down of the coating. There was encapsulation occurring, in that the magnet sat in a sequestered "pocket" rather than in meat. Encapsulation is a means by which the body deals with bioreactive materials and so I went back to the drawing board in terms of coatings. My body never rejected the magnet though, and in spite of follow up emails no one else has ever reported to me a problem with the resin. I assume that some people are simply more reactive than others, but I certainly don't feel comfortable selling them.

I recently received a new batch of custom magnets. N52's with parylene only, but multiple passes of parylene so that it's in the mm thickness rather than the ridiculously thin layers sold by V&P and Supermagnetman. I'm send off samples to a third party which will test them for both cytotoxicity/reactivity and durability. If they are up to par, I will be selling them again. I'll be updating my blog this weekend to reflect these things as well, such as no longer advocating the use of dental resin.
  • @Cassox  I am also interested in buying a few of your new N52 magnets to replace my aging stock of V&P magnets. I'll keep an eye out for your blog update this weekend but, assuming the new batch is up to par, keep me in mind as a potential buyer.  
  • On a side note, if anyone has bought a magnet from me and had any issues please, please let me know. It would be good to post here in the forums also. There was one other person who I can think of who had a little difficulty with the initial implant, but this seemed to be due to the procedure and not the magnet itself.