Anaesthetic required for injectable RFID tags?

Are local anaesthetics needed for these kinds of injectable implants?
How much would it hurt for the implant to be placed in the hand next to the thumb?

Comments

• They aren’t necessary. It doesn’t hurt much at all, provided the person doing the insertion knows what they are doing and does it quickly.
  • I can confirm this based on first hand experience (pun intended).
    Most veterinarians are skilled enough to pull the procedure in less than a single second.
    Implanters with less experience might take their time but it's not that bad. Touching or bumping the implant location in the following couple of days might cause moderate discomfort.
    For comparison: cutting yourself while chopping veggies/fruits is way worse (especially if acidic liquids get to enter your cut).
    Pain is experienced pretty different from person to person.

• don't be a bitch, brah, just do it!

jk! I had a firefly V1 implanted and it looked about that size, its like a big shot. some whiskey and weed will help you along lol

• why do you want to do that ? We usually use it for my pet. Why not use a NFC ring ?

• Because you can't lose it or forget it.
  • @DeadlyDonut17 said:

Are local anaesthetics needed for these kinds of injectable implants?
    How much would it hurt for the implant to be placed in the hand next to the thumb?

Doesn't hurt :) I have several Chips implanted. I love watching the procedure. This was on a Chips & Beer Party in Vienna. Sorry its German

• On a side note, if you're especially sensitive to pain there's no shame. An easy solution is but OTC lodocaine gel. You can get it on Amazon. Some of the sprays for sexual disfunction have as high as 10 percent. The percent doesnt matter much when injecting but makes a big difference for topical. You apply the gel about 1.5 hours before and wrap it in seran wrap. If the site starts to dry out or absorbs it all, add more gel. Takes a bit and you'll still have some sensations, but its a lot better if you're feeling intimidated.

People joke around but no one judges people for dumb macho shit in the community. I know a dude who's like a demigod level electric engineer who faints every single time. No one is going to convince me that it detracts from his badassness. I love all you guys, but the same way we don't tolerate bigots.. we've gotta keep macho bullshit out of it.