Telomerase lengthening

Hello gang
I'm in the mid-stages of a six-part doc for Audible on longevity medicine, with a specific focus on people taking gene therapies to lengthen their telomeres and - if the science allows - live longer.

I have interviews done or lined up with most of the obvious names in this space: Church, Martin, Barzilai, de Grey, Blasco, Andrews, Parrish, Bernadeane and Strole, a whole heap more. But I figured the good people here might have some stories to tell.

Have you tried AAV-delivered hTERT? Would you? And what do you think about people who do?

Comments

• edited July 2022
    Can I reccomend interviewing dr bad stanfield as well? AAV-delivered hTERT seems to be being rearched as potential cure or relief from alzheimers, if I have a high potential of developing alzheimer's then I likely would yea.

I would also try it for the potential longevity results even if I don't have signs of alzheimer's.

Short answer, yes I'd try it.

But it doesn't look like it's had many successful results in the research they are doing with it.
  • Oh, hmmm, I missed this. Hopefully you are still compiling.

I personally would not at this time take aav-htert, but I have helped people develop it.
    I have worked with various groups, including consulting for Parrish right after she got her first injections. We both lived in Seattle at the time. I know some stuff that isn't regularly shared.

I've also worked on multiple projects dealing with toggleable yamanaka factors, including custom constructs. That's where it gets really weird.