I made a Crispr-Cas9 viral vector to knockout the DMRT1 gene in humans and had it manufactured

A long time ago I made a Crispr-Cas9 viral vector to knockout the DMRT1 gene in humans and had it manufactured. Just wondering what the responses to this would be seems as I haven't dared tell anyone until recently due to legalities around all this. For those who don't know what this gene is responsible for, wikipedia explains it well: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMRT1

Comments

• Wouldn't you need to do this alteration in the somatic cells? What vector did you use? AAV holds up to 4.5k or so, lenti caps out at around 10k. You've got a chunk of SV40 in there but SV40 only holds up to 5k as well.

• @glims said:
    Wouldn't you need to do this alteration in the somatic cells? What vector did you use? AAV holds up to 4.5k or so, lenti caps out at around 10k. You've got a chunk of SV40 in there but SV40 only holds up to 5k as well.

I took a big risk, it uses Lentivirus. If you want my honesty, I have no fear of death or the pain associated with it and I was willing to take risks.

Based on tests, what I did worked. Please see attached file.

• edited July 2022

Could you link the plasmid you made Helenah? How did you do this as well? Thanks in advance!

• Interesting. What's your hoped for goal?

• edited July 2022
    I don't see many benefits for knocking out DMRT1 only a lot of problems . Is your goal to hurt people?
  • This could be an incredible method of achieving a goal sex/gender in trans individuals. Absolutely incredible.

• Got a list of things to discuss here.

The first and foremost is that this is not a good idea for people to "achieve a goal" in being trans. This implies that I can edit the gay out of someone as well, and unless anyone is ready to tackle supporting that concept, we should all just curb the enthusiasm. If this in theory is for yourself, then it isn't about being trans. Imagine if I were to say that I am gay, but only when I take mdma. This will not change your chassis. It isn't going to replace surgery. We can talk about body dysmorphia as being symptom as opposed to being an illness another time. Suffice it to say, not all problems are fixed with chassis mods, no matter how deep they are.

On to the science. Lenti is not dangerous. it is also not painful or death inducing. Chill.
    It's also not illegal to print this construct. So you can probably relax about the "legal ramifications" of discussing it. I know this community thrive on the narrative of things being transgressive and whatnot, but let's try to not start talking about death when we're discussing what seems to be a theoretical situation. if you have concerns, voice them or ask for assistance, but let's not just try to add an implication of danger or dissent to something that isn't

Importantly, this gene is developmental. Something I mentioned and asked about in my first comment. Editing it now would be extremely difficult to do properly and would most likely not accomplish anything or just damage something. The effect that you are looking for would need to be made during early gestation.

Lentivirus is made in 3 parts that are assembled in vitro in mammalian cells. You can't do that with this construct.

Can you address any of these points?