Peripheral Vision Wearable (DIY)

Hey y'all, I'm new to the forum but not quite as new to grinding. I'm interested in building an experimental wearable headset that would expand my peripheral vision. Ideally I'd like a 360 degree horizontal view, but realistically I would just like to expand my vision to the right, because I went blind in my right eye in an accident a few years ago. This would not be something I wear every day, but more of an experiment to see if it can be done. Does anyone have any ideas of how this could be done, or examples of how this has been done in the past?

Comments

• edited April 2022

A Mixed reality headset that gives the user 360° field of view has been build and tested by the Japanese student that build it. It was a few years ago.

What he did was to strap cameras on a Oculus development kit. And have the stream in the headset. He had the front and back overlap. So if you looked to your right you would see what was in front an behind you on your right.
    He made a video where they from a ball from behind him and he see it as coming from the front.

I can't find the information it is old and in Japanese. I will ask around the VR community maybe they kept a link.

For compensating for the right eye, I suggest to look to the Ray-Bans + FB glasses. You can buy them and use them as basic for a DIY ar glasses.

• > @kuroro86 said:
    > A Mixed reality headset that gives the user 360° field of view has been build and tested by the Japanese student that build it. It was a few years ago.
    >
    > What he did was to strap cameras on a Oculus development kit. And have the stream in the headset. He had the front and back overlap. So if you looked to your right you would see what was in front an behind you on your right.
    > He made a video where they from a ball from behind him and he see it as coming from the front.
    >
    > I can't find the information it is old and in Japanese. I will ask around the VR community maybe they kept a link.
    >
    > For compensating for the right eye, I suggest to look to the Ray-Bans + FB glasses. You can buy them and use them as basic for a DIY ar glasses.

I'll definitely look into both of those. I have done some virtual reality modding so that's definitely within the realm of possibility.