myostatin inhibition

how could you inhibit or knock out myostatin permanently (possibly with CRISPR gene editing) within a muscle group of the human body?
Furthermore what could be the potential consequences of the procedure and why is it so uncommon if I can get a myostatin KO plasmid for $20?
I would be interested in committing to a self-experiment when and if I gain access to the knowledge, tools and materials to perform it.

Comments

• How would you target specifically the muscle group you're interested in and nothing else? I'm not really focused on DIYBio, but my understanding is that one of the big hurdles to CRISPR treatments is the delivery method and targeting. That's why AAV are so popular, because they can target specific areas of the body.

There's also the consideration that it won't be a self perpetuating process, you'll need to keep applying the treatment and depending on the percentage efficacy you might be wasting a large portion of the material with each application.
  • I don't understand much about gene biohacking so could you explain how it wouldn't be self perpetuating? also it's ok with me if a specific muscle group cannot be targetted as long as it would be possible to apply the gene. I just want to know that for now.
    as for application maybe an intramuscular or intravenous injection? I dunno, that's why I'm asking.

• edited March 2021
    Look up somatic vs germline gene modifications. Basically all the cells you modify will die out without passing on their modified DNA to the next generation. Even transfection will eventually be overridden by your original cells. Like I said, I don't know a whole lot about it, but the resources are readily available. Do some research.