what college major is closer to biohacking

what is the college major that really overlaps with biohacking,and what is the suitable degree that would grant a solid basis and broad knowledge in biohacking?

Comments

• Depends what aspect of biohacking you are interested in. For implant hardware, engineering; for implant software, programming; for performing implantation, mentoring under a body modification artist fits more than a degree; for nootropics, pharmacy; etc, etc.
  • edited January 2021

lets say researches in curing genetic diseases and disorders> @tekniklr said:

Depends what aspect of biohacking you are interested in. For implant hardware, engineering; for implant software, programming; for performing implantation, mentoring under a body modification artist fits more than a degree; for nootropics, pharmacy; etc, etc.

• Then study genetics
  • Curing isn't biohacking.
  • So, what I think is most useful is to do the basic prerequisites for a nursing or biological based degree. So like Chemistry, biology, anatomy, physiology, microbiology. Also biochem.. which I never took. I STRUGGLE with some stuff. I need to take it. Oh and statistics is great. This set of classes means you can read journal articles with ease. You'll be familiar enough so that if something is out of your depth.. You'd still know the right questions to ask and figure it out regarding biology.
  • I'd recommend looking into Biomedical Engineering. Its a field that (depending on your college) will specifically teach you about how medical devices work and how to build them. It is a major that inherently meshes mechanical, chemical, and computer engineering as well as programming and anatomy.

• biomedical engineering would be a good fit for building, but if you're really unsure, follow what @Cassox said, get yourself a base level of scientific knowledge (enough to navigate research articles and know the human body well enough to know BS from reality).

if you want to cure genetic diseases then look into genetics or molecular biology or even pharmacy, these are long academics that will take years of study and lots of commitment, I highly recommend doing what cassox said, because with those base classes down you can branch into any of the above fields and give yourself time to find what really fits.