Wanna make an app for the community, need help.

Hey guys, i was seeing that this site is not really active and was told that its a seasonal thing and i was thinking about developing an app for the community so that not only will it be easier to communicate. I love this community and although i have yet to becomes full fledged grinder i really want to help this community and be more active. I am currently a college student studying computer science and i think an app will do us all good, i want it to be free of course, even though i could use the money haha.

anyways to my point, is anyone on here good at coding? i can only really code in HTML and CSS and Python, ill be learning Java and XML and C# this semester but i cant do it all myself. I am really good at the coding aspect of development but design not so much, i have good ideas but i can never seem to express them, i can describe them clearly though. If you would like to join me in this endeavor please message me, or simply comment on this post and i'll get to you, i usually keep a tab with this site open.

Even if no one helps i will still do this, it will just take longer. THIS WILL NOT BE A PAID PROJECT!! At least not until the end, i was planning to add a donate feature and anyone who helps me will get a portion of the proceeds, but its not about the money to me, i love this community and i really just wanna have a place to chat. I like this site but i can't say its perfect, there are things i would like that they don't have, also i have to say its not very friendly towards newcomers, i had no problems with this site because I've seen worse; however i see a lot of problems and to be honest if i made this site for school i would fail the accessibility part. I know a lot of Grinders are disabled in some way (Not all but a good amount that i have spoken to) and so i want to make an app that's extremely accessible.

Another thing i wish to solve in our community is a lack of information on sites and places to go to ask questions, or perhaps i'm bad at finding this stuff but i have only found this site.

I hope to hear from you but even if i don't expect an app to pop up soon, ill make a post about it when i'm done.

Comments

• ALSO!!! even if you cant help with the actual development could you guys help me find a name for it? i'm terrible at naming things.

• Have you checked out DT's forum? I honestly love the web app part. I'd reach out to @tekniklr and @cyberlass (there might be another forum admin but I don't remember! ) it would be awesome to maybe create a companion app for the forum that optimizes it for mobile.
    Also, have you been on the slack yet? It's WAY more active.
  • @Moonman0922 said:
    Have you checked out DT's forum? I honestly love the web app part. I'd reach out to @tekniklr and @cyberlass (there might be another forum admin but I don't remember! ) it would be awesome to maybe create a companion app for the forum that optimizes it for mobile.
    Also, have you been on the slack yet? It's WAY more active.

No i haven't. never heard of DT. I haven't heard of slack but I will definitely check it out. I will reach out to teknikler and cyberlass thanks for the advice. I've been busy with college but I plan to talk to the community a bit more and start on the programming. i have a wireframe and a list of features so now i just need to implement them.