Questions about low-price RFID/NFC chips

Hello guys.
I'm personally preparing for my first chip implant, but got some problems with price.
After checked DT, I dont think spend 60+ bucks on a single chip is a pretty legit thing to me.
I found some shop on Chinese taobao selling 13.56mhz iso1443a chip with low price at average 2.6$, but still concerned about safety using it.
Is there anyone using the chip or got some idea about it? I'd glad to hear about it.
Thx BTW //w//

Comments

• You have to put those things into perspective. You are concerned about your safety already, so your life, health and safety should be worth 60 bucks. A broken tag, glass fragments, infection, a loss of your limb or life is considerably more expensive.

Those things DT is selling are purpose build and tested. You pay for research, labor and quality control on top of the actual hardware cost.

If you need a lower price tag you may be able to find some HF tag for animal identification. Those are mass produced and at least made to not mess up a living organism so it's reasonably low risk. Those tags may or may not fit your needs as most of the time they only have an ID burned in and that's it. HF tags aren't that common but you may be able to get hands on them. Those would be a reasonable choice but the time you spend searching for it is probably not worth the saved money (unless you have lots of free time anyway). At least the LF tags sell for like 10 to 15 bucks single units and come with an applicator, not sure about HF price tags.

The last thing there is are industrial tags, the sort of stuff you are probably looking at from your Chinese source. Those are typically used in stuff like older car-keys and item tracking. Those are available in a glass capsules, but there is no way to tell that the kind of glass is not contaminated, the glass even intact, sterile packed etc. Those sell for pennies and i recommend against using them for anything but implanting them in stuffed animals to test an rfid-cat-flap. Even if that chinese seller claims it's made for animal tagging, try to resist the temptation to trust that information until you confirmed it first-hand traveled there to on-site visit of the factory.

• edited December 2019
    I'm not inclined to cut costs on a semi-permanent addition to my body.

Here's a "recent" thread you might find useful:
    https://forum.biohack.me/index.php?p=/discussion/2323/sucessful-impant-of-a-2-80-868-byte-ntag216-animal-nfc-chip/p1
  • @ThomasEgi said:
    You have to put those things into perspective. You are concerned about your safety already, so your life, health and safety should be worth 60 bucks. A broken tag, glass fragments, infection, a loss of your limb or life is considerably more expensive.

Those things DT is selling are purpose build and tested. You pay for research, labor and quality control on top of the actual hardware cost.

If you need a lower price tag you may be able to find some HF tag for animal identification. Those are mass produced and at least made to not mess up a living organism so it's reasonably low risk. Those tags may or may not fit your needs as most of the time they only have an ID burned in and that's it. HF tags aren't that common but you may be able to get hands on them. Those would be a reasonable choice but the time you spend searching for it is probably not worth the saved money (unless you have lots of free time anyway). At least the LF tags sell for like 10 to 15 bucks single units and come with an applicator, not sure about HF price tags.

The last thing there is are industrial tags, the sort of stuff you are probably looking at from your Chinese source. Those are typically used in stuff like older car-keys and item tracking. Those are available in a glass capsules, but there is no way to tell that the kind of glass is not contaminated, the glass even intact, sterile packed etc. Those sell for pennies and i recommend against using them for anything but implanting them in stuffed animals to test an rfid-cat-flap. Even if that chinese seller claims it's made for animal tagging, try to resist the temptation to trust that information until you confirmed it first-hand traveled there to on-site visit of the

Thanks for your reply. Lots of help for me.

• @Satur9 said:
    I'm not inclined to cut costs on a semi-permanent addition to my body.

Here's a "recent" thread you might find useful:
    https://forum.biohack.me/index.php?p=/discussion/2323/sucessful-impant-of-a-2-80-868-byte-ntag216-animal-nfc-chip/p1

Thanks. Did little bit outdated tho.
    And this helps. Good day <3

• @ThomasEgi said:
    You have to put those things into perspective. You are concerned about your safety already, so your life, health and safety should be worth 60 bucks. A broken tag, glass fragments, infection, a loss of your limb or life is considerably more expensive.

The last thing there is are industrial tags, the sort of stuff you are probably looking at from your Chinese source. Those are typically used in stuff like older car-keys and item tracking. Those are available in a glass capsules, but there is no way to tell that the kind of glass is not contaminated, the glass even intact, sterile packed etc. Those sell for pennies and i recommend against using them for anything but implanting them in stuffed animals to test an rfid-cat-flap. Even if that chinese seller claims it's made for animal tagging, try to resist the temptation to trust that information until you confirmed it first-hand traveled there to on-site visit of the factory.

BTW do you have any idea with magnet? Seems there's only DT selling it and they only have XG3 now.

• @ThomasEgi said:

And Is there anything I should care about and make test before implantation?
    Preparing to buy a few to do some test. Love to know about that. Thanks again.

• no new idea about magnets other than most coatings are crap.
    I'm not the right person to ask if something is safe. I can only tell you why some things are not obviously not safe.

• I have a 13.56 mhz nfc chip in my left hand, bought from aliexpress, almost 2 years since....no health problems so far, nor any other problems.
  • Just implanted a 13.56mhz nfc chip and a 125khz rfid chip, so far, so good.
    The coat is shit. Better don't try it. Removed easily after clean with alcohol.

• If you are to do this, you need to test your magnets. Check @Cassox procedures on his site. I used glacial acetic acid and Sodium Rhodizonate to test mine. That's the only reason I'm comfortable with my knockoff one. Also consider the strength of the glass.
  • @Moonman0922 said:
    If you are to do this, you need to test your magnets. Check @Cassox procedures on his site. I used glacial acetic acid and Sodium Rhodizonate to test mine. That's the only reason I'm comfortable with my knockoff one. Also consider the strength of the glass.

Seems you just went into the wrong post.