NEED TO RESET "MASTER" FOB - xEM access reader

Hey guys, its been a while since I post anything on here. I was hoping you guys could help me with a small problem. As many of you know I have two xEM access readers installed in my car to unlock and start my ignition with my RFID implant. old video here:

Over the last 3 years my battery has drained and recharged many many times due to my own carelessness. Almost every time my car has remained unaffected, however, a couple months back my ignition reader seemed to malfunction after the battery died for the 20th time. I assumed it was broken and replaced it with a new unit. Recently my battery drained again however this time both access readers stoped working properly.

It turns out the readers still function fine but what happened is that my RFID implant has become the "master" RFID fob and won't let me utilize it as a normal fob. Im positive this occurred because of the occasional battery draining because its the only time it has happened before. Do any of you know how to reset the MASTER fob? I will most likely have to recreate the drained battery conditions in order to hopefully reset the reader into accepting a new master fob.

This is the exact reader: https://dangerousthings.com/shop/xem-access-controller/

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• any thoughts or advice would be appreciated
  • Hrrm :/ not sure how one goes about resetting these things, unfortunately.
    @amal is this something you have info on?

• update in case anyone ever comes across this issue and needs help. over the following months or years my battery drained several more times due to my lights being left on. however only a very few times would the master key reset to whichever tag was presented first. so I eventually I decided to do an experiment and Intentionally allowed my car battery to drain (an old battery I was gonna replace) and had some success, but i still have no clue what exact circumstances or where in the process of the reader losing power causes the master key reset issue.

• SOLUTION The most practical solution was to implant a new RFID chip and program that one to be the new programed fob. now I have the master and regular implanted :)

• From what I understand, you can't really reset the master key. That's just what I gathered from Mr. Graafstra's video on the controller.

As for constantly draining your battery, I'd either invest into an optima battery for your vehicle, or set up a seperate battery pack for the controller itself to give it constant juice while you're not using it. My jeep has a fridge in it, and it has it's controller to keep it on until my battery drops to a certain voltage to turn it off. Food for thought.