How has implanting affected your instrument playing

I play the bari sax in my schools marching band and I have about a month where I can do the procedure. But on the saxophone there is a place where the keys have to be played with the left ring finger. Would I risk tissue damage or nerve damage if I use it?
Tagged:

Comments

• From where it should be you will be fine. I played bari sax for years, marched it too. If I were you I'd aim to get it as soon as the off season starts, just so you have less stress on it.

• It hasn't bothered my banjo playing at all. But, my magnet is in my ring finger of my picking hand, which is unused. I keep meaning to wiggle my magnet around an electric guitar's pickups, but I keep forgetting whenever I'm near one.
  • I play guitar and finger pick with my magnet hand. Since the magnet is off center and not directly on the pad of my finger, it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

• _B__B_
    edited January 2021

I play the piano and ukulele (and I'm about to start learning the trumpet!). I don't even think about my implant when I'm playing and I have it since 3-4 years ago. It's in my left ring finger and it's not exacly in the tip's center, its placed a little bit to the side, so it's never been a problem at all.