About the technology of north sense.

First of all I apologize for this bad English. For a couple of days an idea has been running through my head.

What interests me most about biohacking is the storage (and future processing) of information, documents, images, files in general, like a USB.

It would be possible to do something So using the North sense technology? I mean to fit the device in question thanks to fasteners to the body.

Thank you < 3

Comments

• Well yes. It's not an implant though so it's like gluing a usb stick to yourself.
  • i guess you could run an ftp server on an esp8266.

• I don't see where the benefit would be of a USB attached to you vs a USB you just carry with you, unless the reason was privacy. Movement of important files, perhaps something that could get you in trouble, or something that could get you rich. In either case, I wouldn't want a USB that is visibly attached to me, like how the North Sense works.

If I were moving important files that required the highest level security, I'd just transfer them to a microSD card, throw the chip in a glass tube, and implant that. Of course, you'd need to shatter the tube to get the microSD card out, and it isn't super feasible to constantly implant and remove something. But this wouldn't be about feasibility, it would be about privacy, and hopefully would be done only once. Cheap and simple.

• @trroyyc said:
    I don't see where the benefit would be of a USB attached to you vs a USB you just carry with you, unless the reason was privacy. Movement of important files, perhaps something that could get you in trouble, or something that could get you rich. In either case, I wouldn't want a USB that is visibly attached to me, like how the North Sense works.

If I were moving important files that required the highest level security, I'd just transfer them to a microSD card, throw the chip in a glass tube, and implant that. Of course, you'd need to shatter the tube to get the microSD card out, and it isn't super feasible to constantly implant and remove something. But this wouldn't be about feasibility, it would be about privacy, and hopefully would be done only once. Cheap and simple.

I´ve actually been thinking of using nfc´s for this process, but due to it´s read and write + storage capabilities being low and them being inactive chips a custom smartwatch and ring could be used to solve the problem of over all processing, storage, and communicating with the various nfc´s that are effectively your master keys and vital storage.

By encrypting the data you can also decrease the size of it so long as a ¨key¨ containing the algorithm used to simplify the data is stored, and from there critical information and keys can be put on the inactive chips. By ranking in inactive chips, you can have various degrees of security and even use information from each other to work in a much more internal, closed fashion to debug and prevent unauthorized use.

This gets very complex and is an insane web, i´ll continue researching and experimenting and will update as I can. My biggest concerns right now is battery life and primarily being able to consistently read the nfc´s

• How about a "ladder" of NFC tags and a quick script that compiles them into readable data? I bet you could do 8 on the radial side of an arm, no problem.
  • Wearable like Northsense may not be the best call, though it depends on how you were thinking of the storage device. Did you want it attached to the body at all times? Or was it attached until you needed to use it and then you would take it off and plug it in?

Attached all the time would mean wireless communication. Trying to physically connect to an attached device would strain the port/piercing. Prototyping a storage solution as a wearable first makes a lot of sense. I would think one possible version of a personal storage implant would basically be an arduino/pi, Bluetooth, and micro SD device with a rechargeable battery and coating. Looks like some arduinos get decently small: https://www.dfrobot.com/product-1075.html

With a small personal storage implant you would wear it around for several months to shake out the bugs and it would give you time to see if there was an ideal placement as an attachment on the body or decide if it would be good as an implant in the body.