Forum software upgrade

I just upgraded the forum to address a critical security hole.

While I was in there, I did some housekeeping to hopefully make future upgrades easier.

Let me know here if anything seems wonky or broken, yeah?

Comments

• Thanks for everything you do!!
  • I've just upgraded the forums to Vanilla 2.8. No security emergency this time.

Let me know if y'all see anything hinky!

• Forums have been upgraded to 2.8.1, addressing some medium security vulnerabilities.

Also, badges are a thing, now.

Also also, we are finally fulfilling our digital Patreon rewards- listing patrons in the Patreon Virtual Wall, and awarding badges for specific pledge levels.

• Fancy to come back to badges. Like it hehe

Thank you for the effort, Tekniklr, Appriciated!

• I like the badges
  • There's been another forum upgrade, to 2.8.4, and hopefully none of you will notice anything different at all! Let me know if you do.

• Because vanilla hates me and wants to see me suffer, they also just released version 3.0. So, the forum has been upgraded again. This bump is more significant, but everything I can see appears to be working. Keep an eye out for anything that isn't, yeah?

• Hey couple of questions.

Is there a search function now for the forum?

Can it get a notification feature for letting us know when there is a new post/replied?

Also I like this look of the mobile version. World's better than the old one.
  • Search is in the top right, but it looks like it’s only available on the desktop version. You can view the desktop version on mobile using the “Full Site” link in the footer.

From the edit profile page you can update your notification preferences to get notified whenever a discussion you’ve started, commented on, or bookmarked has activity.

Hope this helps!
  • > @tekniklr said:
    > Search is in the top right, but it looks like it’s only available on the desktop version. You can view the desktop version on mobile using the “Full Site” link in the footer.
    >
    > From the edit profile page you can update your notification preferences to get notified whenever a discussion you’ve started, commented on, or bookmarked has activity.
    >
    > Hope this helps!

Absolutely it does. I also just signed on my tablet which shows the search as desktop only. Thanks for the reply