Pharmacological Implants

Hey There,

I know there a Implants in the Medical Field who are used for Drug Delivery, I think such Implants could be easily self made.

You Need so Material who degrades in the Body under a very constant Speed, and which is not Toxic or has Toxic Metabolites.

You Mix This Material with your Chemical of Choice and your done with the implant itself.

Could this work?

What does this Community think about this Idea?

Wish you all a nice Day!
Vega

Comments

• So Found this Paper: https://www.mdpi.com/2073-4360/10/12/1379/htm

My Idea is a Passive Implant, Maybe PLA could be used.

Wish you all a nice Weekend!

• So the idea is to implant a thin puck of biodegradable material (like PLA) that has been impregnated with a drug or nootropic so that it can be delivered slowly over weeks or months instead of ingested every day? That sounds rather invasive. Do you have a particular substance in mind that is not viable to deliver orally?
  • @Vega64 said:
    Hey There,

I know there a Implants in the Medical Field who are used for Drug Delivery, I think such Implants could be easily self made.

You Need so Material who degrades in the Body under a very constant Speed, and which is not Toxic or has Toxic Metabolites.

You Mix This Material with your Chemical of Choice and your done with the implant itself.

Could this work?

What does this Community think about this Idea?

Wish you all a nice Day!
    Vega

Hi, that's impossible. Because our body has autoimmune response that will destroy foreign objects.

• edited May 2019
    @Dani123

I'm not telling you how to live your life, but that came across as really hostile.
  • @Satur9 said:
    @Dani123

I'm not telling you how to live your life, but that came across as really hostile.

I agree with you

• @Dani123, are you being hostile for the sake of being hostile? doesn't that get exhausting?
  • It's not impossible. It's rather common actually. For example, there's an antipsychotic which slow releases for 30 days after injection. You can buy materials that are tuned to release at a set rate.
  • @tekniklr said:
    @Dani123, are you being hostile for the sake of being hostile? doesn't that get exhausting?

I'm not being hostile, ok? Just an opinion that's it. )

• @Cassox said:
    It's not impossible. It's rather common actually. For example, there's an antipsychotic which slow releases for 30 days after injection. You can buy materials that are tuned to release at a set rate.

This Neuroleptics are Esterfied, like Testosterone (Short Halflife) and Testosterone Enantahte (Longer Hafllife).

But Im looking for implants not esters.

• Look into research on contraceptive implants, especially ones used in zoos (more variety)
    There's one that's a kind of plastic cylinder that medication can leach through (MGA), one that tends to break apart more (Deslorelin), and one that's an injectable gel that forms a kind of soft implant under the skin (Levonorgestrol)

The same kinds of things could probably be adapted for use with other types of medication