Lidocaine

Has any one used tktx lidocaine?
Tagged:

Comments

• What is tktx?
  • Oh, like topical cream?
  • If you're going this route, apply it liberally and cover it with kitchen plastic wrap. Leave it on for about 1.5hrs
  • Now, a question, while It's here. I did this for my firefly implant, and It honestly didn't feel like it helped..

I rubbed a healthy amount of 4% Lido into my cheek and covered it with cling film for like 45 mins.. Took it off and wiped it off, drew on my face a little for guides, and started. Still felt a lot of pain from it though.. Was I doing it wrong?

• Well it's a combination of time and concentration. Honestly, it takes a while for it to affect you at the depth required. I say 1.5 hours but the skin on your hands may be thicker then usual due to lifestyle. I mean someone who rock climbs is going to have a thicker layer even though you're not trying to numb the contact surface.
  • Didn't work for me either. Left it on for over two hours and still had no effect other than wrinkling my skin.

• I will always suggest subdermal lidocaine injection, but I understand that is a daunting thought for those that aren't chemists/medical. Than again, you're literally doing surgery and you damn well make sure you ace everything that entails.

If you have a needle phobia, perhaps home surgery isn't for you (Which I do and use needle anyways) and especially if you're doing a deep implantation/in a sensitive area (Like the face and fingers) I recommend injection.

I'll update this later with more specific and helpful information, but for now look into nerve anesthesia, like when the dentist numbs your entire jaw by injecting lidocaine next to the nerve located behind your molars. There is a similar one for fingers, located close to your first knuckle and a little to the right. This makes the injection very easy and incredibly effective, but there's plenty of ligaments, tendons, muscles, nerves, vessels and effectively 'mini arteries' located around there. Measure twice, cut once...

• Hmm. So im hoping to video the course at gf this year. Of course we can't use lidocaine but we could use saline to demonstrate the method.
  • Ok so question, Is it illegal when one person injects lidocaine into another, or what? I am wondering the rules around that.

• I think the rules are extremely location dependent. In many places, injecting lidocaine into someone else is "practicing medicine", which you aren't allowed to do without a license.

• @tekniklr said:
    I think the rules are extremely location dependent. In many places, injecting lidocaine into someone else is "practicing medicine", which you aren't allowed to do without a license.

@Moonman0922 said:
    Ok so question, Is it illegal when one person injects lidocaine into another, or what? I am wondering the rules around that.

Key word being "someone else," self injection is legal effectively everywhere.