Where to buy NorthSense?

What happened to NorthSense, the implantable compass that vibrated everytime you face north? Were they ever possible to buy, if so where if they are available? If not, are there any schematics to build it yourself?

Comments

• i just sold mine yesterday.

• @liamolua said:
    What happened to NorthSense, the implantable compass that vibrated everytime you face north? Were they ever possible to buy, if so where if they are available? If not, are there any schematics to build it yourself?

They are no longer making the first version, but they are working on the next one. It should be out next year I guess.

• > @cancerian said:
    > @liamolua said:
    > What happened to NorthSense, the implantable compass that vibrated everytime you face north? Were they ever possible to buy, if so where if they are available? If not, are there any schematics to build it yourself?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > They are no longer making the first version, but they are working on the next one. It should be out next year I guess.

Hey, awesome! Had no idea they are developing a new version. Excited!
  • > @liamolua said:
    > > @cancerian said:
    > > @liamolua said:
    > > What happened to NorthSense, the implantable compass that vibrated everytime you face north? Were they ever possible to buy, if so where if they are available? If not, are there any schematics to build it yourself?
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > They are no longer making the first version, but they are working on the next one. It should be out next year I guess.
    >
    > Hey, awesome! Had no idea they are developing a new version. Excited!

Yeah. They had a successful second round of investment and started working on the new version few months ago. Based on my talk with Liviu, the first prototype should be available to their beta testers by the end of this year hopefully. I know they have solved the problem of piercing rejection by means of a special coating that was developed in one of UK universities. Also I know that at least two PhD students are working on NorthSense, I had an interview with one of them.
    So basically they have been very busy. I am very excited to see their new version. Oh and they already have plans for new senses