Blocking Blue Light

Pretty dim question but genuinely interested in peoples results with blocking blue light at night to help fall asleep. I have noticed some results but may be placebo..

any responses welcome..

Comments

• Some cheaper alternatives too. Qay and some other ones seem insanely expensive. found these https://blueblocking.shop

• There are even safety goggles on Amazon for a buck or so that work great.
  • ahh good call

• they are hideous but guess it doesn't really matter at night

• edited July 2019
    I've been using either Flux (3rd party), Night Light (Windows native function), or Night Light (Android native function) pretty much religiously for the past six months at work. I spend 12 hrs in front of 8 screens of various sizes and brightness. When I forget to turn them on I get a ripping headache an hour or so into my shift. Since I enabled Night Light on my phone, I've felt like I am having an easier time going to bed. Of course just not being on my phone would be much better...

On top of the software solutions I'm using a pair of cheap ($45) non prescription glasses from EyeBuyDirect with a blue light filter coating. Your mileage may vary depending on the coating, but I've found this to be at worst a decent placebo and at best useful in reducing eyestrain and insomnia.

Ultimately the best bet is to keep light out of the sleeping area, but if you're like me, even a placebo effect is a welcome boon when it comes to getting a good night's sleep.