Firefly Tattoos

1141516171820»

Comments

• Thanks.

I think if there is a version 3, go back to the v1 platform and reuse the size of the v2 but fill the whole tube with light and keep it un-shielded with no empty space inside the capsule.

What does everyone think about that?
  • That's my thought process. The surface area of mine gets bigger when i flip it over the wrong way. I think that if you took out the reflective backing they would be waaaay brighter due refraction through the skin. If one came our that was the same size or bigger and had no shielding I would buy it instantly.
  • Yup, me to
  • How is everyone's implants doing?
  • Unfortunately it appears as if the inventor, Alex Smith, has been inactive for the past year. I'm not sure we can expect any further developments on this from him, but that doesn't mean this is a dead project. I've been reading through the pages, doing some research, and am purchasing some supplies in a little bit.

Let's see if we can all band together and continue working on this. Let me know if you're willing to contribute

• Alex is around all the time. He's on the slack board. I spoke with him yesterday.
  • Oops, than I retract my last statement except that i'm working on my own regardless. Do you know if he is still working on this project? His profile says he's been inactive since may 2018

• I'm interested in further developments. I'm assuming the inventor didn't like the negative feedback. All kinds of feedback are needed to create.
  • No no. Neither Alex nor Amal are like that. From my experience both are totally open to criticism and are often their worst critics. We were talking about the Ver.2. of the Firefly. While it isn't a failure, it wasn't the improvement over v1 he had hoped it would be. He's working on another version that will in theory be better than either. It's funny. As people get more involved in projects they're less likely to post here. I don't know the last time Rich Lee posted.. but I know he stays active and checks in. Dangerous things has its own forums.
  • Mine is going great. I kinda forgot it was there. The only people to really notice it have been two who were sleeping next to me and noticed it shining in the back of my neck. No one has noticed it in the wild and most have a hard time seeing it in any kind of light whatsoever. I would love to do any "beta" testing on any new versions/alternatives.

• Sorry for my comment then. I just didn't know a reason for the long disappearance.
    These guys are innovators.

I'm looking forward to amal's payment chip.
  • I mean, they're still for sale at cyberise, right?
  • @Semilovr12 said:
    Sorry for my comment then. I just didn't know a reason for the long disappearance.
    These guys are innovators.

I'm looking forward to amal's payment chip.

Me too, a successful payment chip will be revolutionary and will be the first stage in some incredible implants. That said, the mountains he needs to cross are large and it likely won't be feasible for another few years.

@Cassox said:
    No no. Neither Alex nor Amal are like that. From my experience both are totally open to criticism and are often their worst critics. We were talking about the Ver.2. of the Firefly. While it isn't a failure, it wasn't the improvement over v1 he had hoped it would be. He's working on another version that will in theory be better than either. It's funny. As people get more involved in projects they're less likely to post here. I don't know the last time Rich Lee posted.. but I know he stays active and checks in. Dangerous things has its own forums.

I don't know if we have a rule against link sharing other forums, so if we do i'll claim ignorance lol. What's the name of the forum? Are there any repositories we can go to that have information on the v3?

• @ThermalWinter said:
    I don't know if we have a rule against link sharing other forums, so if we do i'll claim ignorance lol. What's the name of the forum? Are there any repositories we can go to that have information on the v3?

we don't have any rules about linking to other forums! here's a link to the dangerous things forums

• @AlexSmith Are you planning to get any more of the V1 Fireflies made?

• @AlexSmith
    Also interested in testing or buying just about anything that puts out some lumens

• Well bugger, I pulled this account out of mothballs specifically to hunt these things down again. Hopefully availability comes back, or a v3 comes around.

• If it glows, I'm down. :3
  • @ThermalWinter I'd be interested in contributing to the project