Which optimizations are useful?

What do you find useful for optimizations?
I would like to make a list of optimizations and then look for the right one for me: p
Again, others can look at the list and get ideas.

Comments

• Hey UnkownVoice, welcome!

I'm a little confused about what exactly you would define as an "optimization". Are you limiting your inquiry to "Prosthetics, wearables, and haptics", or would implants, genetic mods, and supplements/nootropics count?
  • Hey Satur9! and thank you.

I think implants, genetic mods, supplements and nootropics count :p

• Most of my experience is in the realm of implants, so maybe others can weigh in on other types of augmentation.

I get a good amount of use out of my RFID and magnet implants. I primarily use RFID tag implants for access control (phone and car) and I've talked to several people who keep their business card or social media links on their tags to facilitate sharing with others.

Magnets are an especially fun and popular one. Unfortunately they're difficult to source and usually have a finite lifespan (a few years). I get a kick out of using mine to detect magnetic fields (I work with electricity). Some people implant larger ones as lifting magnets or for party tricks.

It all depends on your particular goals. What do you want out of your biohacking?
  • That sounds damn awesome
  • I want to Control and improve my Body.
    I would like a Implantate that allows me to check my vital signs. Things like that (:
  • The only implant I've seen that allows you to check a vital sign is temperature sensing RFID tags in glass capsules. Unfortunately, most of them are configured to operate at 134kHz, so you need a special reader (can't use NFC on your phone at 13.56MHz).

I think for the time being your best bet for health information is a dedicated wearable. Let me know what you find. If you can just buy something to meet the need, I'm sure people on here would be interested in that information.
  • I have to look for a bit maybe i find the right Thing for me :p and if i find something, i will share it in this Thread.

Do u know Duo Skin Tattoo?
    I saw a tattoo that displayed the heart function, maybe something like that but how long does that stay?

• @UnkownVoice said:
    I have to look for a bit maybe i find the right Thing for me :p and if i find something, i will share it in this Thread.

Do u know Duo Skin Tattoo?
    I saw a tattoo that displayed the heart function, maybe something like that but how long does that stay?

A basic Duo Skin Tattoo cost $300 and last approximately 24 hours (Since it's simply laid on the skin, not embedded) which is not particularly financially viable.

There needs to be far more re usability to the "tattoo" for it to be a long term use product, that or further development in making it a transdermal implant. Duo Skin is an absolutely fantastic stepping stone, but for now it's basically just an early tool for developing other projects and not a good standalone device.

• Yea i think that too. Duo Skin sounds rly amazing but 300$ for 24 hours are too expensive.

But i would be a good Way to see Things like that " HeartBeat" or other Vital Signs.

• This company called Viatomtech makes a wearable that handles most of the vital signs you're interested in:
    https://www.viatomtech.com/checkme-o2

I can't find very much information on it, but reviews appear good, and it's been available for more than a year.
  • Thank you! I will check that out.
  • Hey new to modding with technical enhancements. I do tend to use herbal enhancements.

Please note NOT A DOCTOR just a guy.

lion's mane mushroom - Good for the brain, Helps you remember and depending on how its prepared can increase memory. They have had some good results in treating Alzheimer's with this one.

comfrey- The old school name for this one is "Bone knit" You can take it orally in drops or apply it to the injured area as a salve. Will it help you heal that cut after you put a magnet in your pinky? Oh hell yeah.... However, DO NOT PUT IT ON A DEEP CUT. It will seal the outside first trapping any dirt or infection in the cut causing problems later on.

Horny Goat Weed. This one is a damn powerhouse. Increased energy, Helps the immune system, weak back and knees, joint pain, arthritis, mental and physical fatigue, and memory loss. Just to name a few. However, this will make you hornier then a caged up spider monkey.

• @Ken said:
    Hey new to modding with technical enhancements. I do tend to use herbal enhancements.

Please note NOT A DOCTOR just a guy.

lion's mane mushroom - Good for the brain, Helps you remember and depending on how its prepared can increase memory. They have had some good results in treating Alzheimer's with this one.

comfrey- The old school name for this one is "Bone knit" You can take it orally in drops or apply it to the injured area as a salve. Will it help you heal that cut after you put a magnet in your pinky? Oh hell yeah.... However, DO NOT PUT IT ON A DEEP CUT. It will seal the outside first trapping any dirt or infection in the cut causing problems later on.

Horny Goat Weed. This one is a damn powerhouse. Increased energy, Helps the immune system, weak back and knees, joint pain, arthritis, mental and physical fatigue, and memory loss. Just to name a few. However, this will make you hornier then a caged up spider monkey.

Here's a good resource for Comfrey:
    https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-1-4899-1367-8_34

And be careful with this one, high levels of biotoxicity resulting from the Pyrrolizidine alkaloids within it. Resource for the pyrrolizidine alkaloids:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrrolizidine_alkaloid