Getting my first magnet...

So from what I've read and perused about...the two best places to get magnets currently would be cyberise.me and Haworth. Would it be best to go with the cyberise magnet since it has a TiN coating versus the silicone coating of Haworth's?

Comments

• Ok, so I feel qualified to discuss this. The TiN isn't actually the important layer of the cyberise unit. It's an empty promise. Lol. The magic is in the polymethylmethacrylate. It's a fantastic resin that's durable and biocompatible. Because of PMMAs physical characteristics, you can have a thinner coating then with silicone. Silicone is also softer.. it's like sex on a water bed. The softness of the silicone decreases perception of the magnet vibrating. I think. It makes sense to me and is consistent with all the comparisons I've heard from people.
    On the other hand.. track record. I used to kind of hold haworths magnet up as the one to surpass.. but more and more one heard people talking about rejections/issues. It's hard to judge in that we attempt to be as open and honest as possible in biohacking.. but haworth isn't a bio hacker. He doesn't track failures as far as I know and he certainly doesnt release that data. The Haworths though MAY have a more dependable track record.
  • Okay...that makes sense and I can see that. Thanks for the clarification.

• Yeah. I once tested a haworth.. magnetometer, tear strength etc.. and got really bad results. The magnet strength in particular was much lower than I expected. Because of this, I was really critical for a bit. I got the chance to test another maybe 6 months ago.. and it was much better. Full n52 strength and better tear resistance. I think that I must have gotten one that had been autoclaved or something. I can't remember who I got it from originally. Anyhow, my point is that the Haworth is good.
  • I actually have some PMMA and TiN magnets. I’m wondering I could make my own mold and coat them myself and save the $100 for a secondary implant.(Since I know my first is probably going to fail within the next year)
  • The most important thing is the cross linker.. most aren't something you want in the body
  • @Cassox said:
    The most important thing is the cross linker.. most aren't something you want in the body

So the best one would be a PMMA coat or am I missing something?

• @Nadvyr said:

@Cassox said:
    The most important thing is the cross linker.. most aren't something you want in the body

So the best one would be a PMMA coat or am I missing something?

PMMA or poly(methyl methacrylate) is an immunologically inert or biocompatible glass. In fact it is quite literally plexiglass, and is effectively the same material used in the RFID cases. As with all materials, there are alloys and purity levels and different ones have strengths for different applications. This is something you will find to be luckily true for most viable coating materials as it gives you access to a large amount of information, procedures, sources, and highly efficient production and application.

That's all I know off the top of my head but it should give you a good place to start doing research. I'm not entirely positive but I believe a couple batches of Cassox's magnets were produced using PMMA, and I'm curious as to what the alloy, procedure, and fail rate was.

I've been collecting research, sources and following studies for around 5 years on the production of these magnets and i've been holding off for many reasons stemming from I am heavily invested in testing and cannot release magnets I wouldn't be willing to implant myself. I've come into some capitol recently and have the opportunity to continue working on this, and have waited a long time to get my implant and continue on with experimenting with using it as a primitive BCI.

If you guys and anybody else who stumbles across this thread wants to pitch in their experience, do some research, and support production and testing I think we would all appreciate it

• @nothot said:
    I actually have some PMMA and TiN magnets. I’m wondering I could make my own mold and coat them myself and save the $100 for a secondary implant.(Since I know my first is probably going to fail within the next year)

What's the exact specifications of the PMMA and has the TiN coating been tested for structural malformations?