Tideglusib - regrowing tooth enamel

I've got 5mg of Tideglusib. The SDS says to dissolve it in DMSO. I have DMSO arriving soon. I am thinking I'd find a tiny sponge on a stick applicator, and apply the Tideglusib solution to my cavities on a nightly basis. Any suggestions of tine sponge applicators?

This is what the SDS says and I don't quite understand it.
Solubility Notes: ~0.5 mg/ml in 1:1 DMSO:PBS (pH 7.2); ~1 mg/ml in DMSO & DMF;

The animal studies consisted of them drilling a hole to the denten, the putting a sponge with the Tideglusib absorbed in it, and sealing it in the hole. After a few weeks the hole sealed up.

I think I'd best use 10ml of DMSO to dissolve the 5mg in. If I get a small enough sponge applicator, not a q-tip because that would be extremely wasteful, then I would be able to dab a tiny coating nightly.

I'd particularly like that 10ml to last 30 days, so I need the tiniest amount on the applicator.

One concern is the DMSO being so readily absorbable, that I don't want to hurt my tongue, gums, and cheeks.

I apply 2% iodine onto my cavities weekly with a q-tip. I am not too careful and I do taste the iodine and spit it out afterwards. I want to be a bit more careful with the Tideglusib to not waste it or get on my gums and such.

Any thoughts?

Tagged:

Comments

• depending on how big your cavities are you could just buy a syringe, load it with the dissolved Tideglusib, poke out a piece out of the collagen sponge and then applicate it to the cavity.

I am not really sure if you can just leave the cavity open however. When looking at the methods in this paper for instance (https://www.nature.com/articles/srep39654?xtor=AL-32280680) they seal the tooth with glass ionomer.

Maybe you read a different one where they describe a processing without sealing?

• Same for Melanotan, or any other alpha-MSH peptide.

• Hi @R> @RIURAO said:

Same for Melanotan, or any other alpha-MSH peptide.

What is the same? Are there any descriptions here at Biohack?

• @Arne said:
    depending on how big your cavities are you could just buy a syringe, load it with the dissolved Tideglusib, poke out a piece out of the collagen sponge and then applicate it to the cavity.

I am not really sure if you can just leave the cavity open however. When looking at the methods in this paper for instance (https://www.nature.com/articles/srep39654?xtor=AL-32280680) they seal the tooth with glass ionomer.

Maybe you read a different one where they describe a processing without sealing?

That's why I will apply it daily with a sponge. The hold they drill was just to get it more isolated and show it worked. I think Im going to pass on so my isolation. :-)

• *on so much isolation

• There is an study in PUBMED, which I could not find now, main of all studies regarding Melanotan has suddenly dissapear from Pubmed.... Well this study talked about mainly the same but using Melanotan.
    https://www.colgate.com/en-us/oral-health/conditions/cavities/ada-08-regenerative-gel
    There is also an study in PUBMED but unfortunately i have failed to find it again, i posted it some time ago in melanotan.org forum, but it is offline since 2013, could try to find it in the internet archive

• Hey @IndyVDual

any news on your proceedings on this topic? I am highly interested :)

• I poured DMSO into the vile and have been applying the Tideglusib to my teeth with a tiny paint brush every evening...well, on some evenings. I see non-objective improvements and, in the very least, nothing seems to be getting worse. I'm going for a cleaning soon to a different dentist and I'll be able to compare to my January report.

• @IndyVDual said:
    I poured DMSO into the vile and have been applying the Tideglusib to my teeth with a tiny paint brush every evening...well, on some evenings. I see non-objective improvements and, in the very least, nothing seems to be getting worse. I'm going for a cleaning soon to a different dentist and I'll be able to compare to my January report.

@ me when you get the report, i´d like to look into the biochemistry behind this and it´s odd how completely research on it has been removed. Perhaps it was deemed unsafe, or the original source was unreliable. Regardless, this is interesting enough to look into

• I'm also very interested in seeing the results of this! If you find anything has changed for the better, I might try it myself.
  • https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tideglusib Literally published two days after I commented about wanting to know more

• I remember thinking that the sealant was used to contain the tideglusib within the cavity, so that it wouldn't trigger creation/growth of any other tissue, bone etc.

Re: creating a seal: one testimonial I came across was from a gentleman who had his dentist place a piece of mastic (isle of Chios) into the cavity until he could afford to have it filled (Obviously not a North American dentist).

Anyway, how did the experiment go?