Sexual Dysfunction

Hi there

Problem : some one has erectil dysfunction, he suffer from kind of PTST and can have a normal erection by thinking only one thing (and it s part of his troma)

We want to try record the nerve signal when he can have a normal erection (by thinking to his troma) and next put an implant that can stimulate the nerve with the recorded signal and so give him an erection on demand...

So anyone who knows where to ask for such implant and technology ???

Comments

• Well, an implant isn't always the optimal solution. It looks neato with the blood etc so it gets a lot of exposure, but it comes with risks and a the potential for failure. Is there a reason why it would be better then a drug approach?
  • edited November 2018

drug approch cost a lot on long term and can't be used several time in the same day or mixed with other drugs...
    ... and we re talking about little implant that just tricks electrical signal to the nerve, so it's not the kind of implant in the entire penis...

and we have a cyborg project with other implant on other part with other function but we're thinking about mixing everything...

• not sure to understand everything... Tell me if i am wrong but by otpogenetic they try to have a control at the brain level (at least neurons)

In our case we don't need to work on brain level but just on the nerve (nerf pudendal in french) which trig the erection by an electrical implant. Most of all he is not fully dysfonctional but partialy due to mental dysorder, so the plan is to record at the nerve level the signal (when it works) in order to replicate it and by pass the mental disorder...

Sorry for my english...

So, my big question is if some one knows a company (or lab...) that makes that kind of electrical implant ??

• edited December 2018

Unfortunately there's a lot more that goes into it biologically, such an implant wouldn't function. You have to take into account the physical aspect along with the psychological aspect, this being it's effect physiologically.

Typically sexual dysfunction is caused by familiarization, a very basic and fundamental psychological principle that effects all parts of our lives in varying ways. As you mentioned he can only achieve an erection when provided specific stimuli, he appears to fit this description.

Providing the artificial stimuli electrically to a nerve is not going to achieve the desired effects given the factors that are not similar to previous experience, or familiarity.

The means necessary to reproduce such an artificial stimuli accurately is currently unavailable, it requires an incredibly advanced BCI (Brain Computer Interface) that can accurately track and reproduce specific electrochemical reactions across many sections of the brain given the large amount of things happening to a body during arousal physiologically.

And then there's neuroplasticity to make things far more complicated, but I hope my input thus far has been enough to show to some degree the level of difficulty in such an implant.

@sydney said:
    not sure to understand everything... Tell me if i am wrong but by otpogenetic they try to have a control at the brain level (at least neurons)

In our case we don't need to work on brain level but just on the nerve (nerf pudendal in french) which trig the erection by an electrical implant. Most of all he is not fully dysfonctional but partialy due to mental dysorder, so the plan is to record at the nerve level the signal (when it works) in order to replicate it and by pass the mental disorder...

Sorry for my english...

So, my big question is if some one knows a company (or lab...) that makes that kind of electrical implant ??

• It seems that this is a more psychological problem than a biological one. I'd recommend a few sessions with a sex therapist to help deal with the trauma directly

• Only negativ people, when somone interested to help or knowing some labs doing such implant / work; please tell me !

• @ThermalWinter said:
    Unfortunately there's a lot more that goes into it biologically, such an implant wouldn't function. You have to take into account the physical aspect along with the psychological aspect, this being it's effect physiologically.

Typically sexual dysfunction is caused by familiarization, a very basic and fundamental psychological principle that effects all parts of our lives in varying ways. As you mentioned he can only achieve an erection when provided specific stimuli, he appears to fit this description.

Providing the artificial stimuli electrically to a nerve is not going to achieve the desired effects given the factors that are not similar to previous experience, or familiarity.

The means necessary to reproduce such an artificial stimuli accurately is currently unavailable, it requires an incredibly advanced BCI (Brain Computer Interface) that can accurately track and reproduce specific electrochemical reactions across many sections of the brain given the large amount of things happening to a body during arousal physiologically.

And then there's neuroplasticity to make things far more complicated, but I hope my input thus far has been enough to show to some degree the level of difficulty in such an implant.

@sydney said:
    not sure to understand everything... Tell me if i am wrong but by otpogenetic they try to have a control at the brain level (at least neurons)

Sorry for my english...

Basically what I say, is to record the signal in the nerve at the body level like with an oscilloscope. So I don't care about brain level and familiarisation...

• edited January 2019

@sydney said:

@ThermalWinter said:

@sydney said:

Sorry for my english...

Basically what I say, is to record the signal in the nerve at the body level like with an oscilloscope. So I don't care about brain level and familiarisation...

I understand, and that technique would work if you were providing a stimulus to say a muscle contraction. But because of the vast amount of factors and the simple fact that it will be terribly unpredictable even on the advanced BCI level due to neuroplasticity, it's not just currently beyond your reach it's beyond current medicine.

You're also entirely skipping over the massive amount of hormone changes, which yet again changes wildly with even slightly different environments, mental state, and so forth. If you continue using a singular stimulus that you magically got to be effective, familiarization and even changes in setting as small as light levels would make you redo the process insanely frequently.

There's a reason we take a pill, it covers most of the hormonal, vasodilation, and even muscle tension factors in order to make you more susceptible to arousal. This still requires a level of familiarization.

You need enough familiarization to be used to and like specific environmental/touch stimuli to be aroused, but not too much familiarization to the point of not being exciting.

Even if you had the advanced BCI you would still need pharmaceuticals to create the other desired effects that can't simply be triggered by setting off certain neural connections. That's eventually going to be an incredible addition to medication, but not a replacement. There's a reason physiology, what I mentioned last comment, is a field of study. Many aspects of not just the body but also the brain have to be incredibly precise, and one varying slightly effects the other.

There's a reason we haven't made incredible advancements in neuroscience (In terms of recording neuronal pathways, stimulating them, and being capable of handling neuronal cell death which happens faster than we grow new ones. This sounds scary, but it's largely because neuroplasticity is effectively constant refinement making it more efficient.) is because we simply currently can't do it effectively enough to be considered a treatment (Other than to prevent uneven and rapid stimulus in the brain, i.e seizure.) or to even stimulate only the neurons we want in a way that doesn't require an exposed brain and many failed attempts.

• @sydney said:
    Only negativ people, when somone interested to help or knowing some labs doing such implant / work; please tell me !

You can't tell people that are helping you understand what you actually need to research and understand that they're being negative. I didn't say you were stupid, infact keep researching because it's interesting. Just take into account we aren't a type three civilization yet.

• Yeah. I think the issue is that you're convinced you already have a solution. Arousal isn't the result of some particular thought being sent as a particular signal to your penis. It really doesn't work that way. Furthermore, the process you're experiencing? This is how a grind gets done. You throw out an idea and then punch holes through it. In this case, the hole is incomplete knowledge regarding human physiology and arousal. There have been things like this done already without the need to record anything.