Key notes about Biohacking.

Long time lurker on this forum, first post.
I'm taking a communications class in my first year of college, and we have to give an informative speech on something we know well. I chose Biohacking.

I know it's a broad topic, but I can't change it now. I decided I should go to the community that taught me all I know for advice! So here are my questions:

1.) What would you consider the three main ways Biohacking is being implemented today?

2.) What are the two most common arguments against Biohacking?

My answers would be as follows:
1.)Nootropics, wearables/implants, genetic modifications/testing.
2.) Religious symbols or the idea of "playing god", and ethics.

Also, if you could list any credible texts (not web sources) that would be much appreciated. Also if there is anything I missed that must be mentioned (in your opinion) to explain to my audience what Biohacking is.

Comments

• For the playing God part you can say imitation is the highest form of praise this worked on convincing my extremely religious friend that this is good by relating it to a tattoo or a ear piercing
  • @JakePunk ah, I wish I could argue the reasons why I don't agree, but the professor said to just state the facts. Thank you though!
  • 1.) What would you consider the three main ways Biohacking is being implemented today?
    Biohacking can be dived into three main groups genetic mods, technological implants, and chemical mods (nootropics, keto, etc)

2.) What are the two most common arguments against Biohacking?
    accidental mutations(accidental super cancer aids), and It's not natural.

• 1) In order of commonality: Chemical modification of body processes (this covers everything from experimental nootropics to steroids to carefully regulated diets), technological implants, and genetic modification.

2)Again in order of commonality: cultural opposition to the concept of modification (It's not natural, It's against nature/god/the flying spaghetti monster's plans or design) and fear of unexpected results(hyper-aids, cancer, tentacle monster fears)

As for credible texts, biohacking is the fringe movement of a fringe movement. You're going to be hard pressed to find any information that's not in a digital format, except perhaps some hyper-biased, uninformed religious publications.

However, there are credible webpages that give fairly unbiased articles.

Here's one from the Associated French Press. https://www.yahoo.com/news/microchips-under-skin-technophile-swedes-033147071.html?guccounter=2

And a simple google search will easily find you more, you just have to look for established news media sources.