A few questions about my recently implanted magnet
After my first attempt to implant a magnet failed, I'm really excited about the success of my second attempt.
I've done the magnet plating and the procedure all by myself, so i feel really rewarded to have succeeded!
I've performed the procedure about two weeks ago, and today, a bit of dry skin that was covering the incision came off, revealing that the cut had completely healed with the magnet inside (pictures below)
Also, it's not painful or uncomfortable anymore, even when I press on it. I'm fairly confident that the magnet won't reject at this point.
Anyway: Here's a few questions I have:
1: Is it normal for the magnet to create a small bulge as seen in the pictures? The magnet I used is a 2x1mm cylinder.
2: I tried to not use the magnet as best as I can, but I had a few accidents where it got stuck to my keys or my phone as I reached inside my pocket. Will this affect the final sensitivity? Also I tried sensing a big magnet several times from far away to see how much sensation I feel.
3: When should I expect to start getting some more sensitivity? Currently, I can feel strong fields, such as those caused by permanent magnets or electric motors and I can feel metallic objects when they're really close. The skin above the magnet is also not very sensitive to touch
Note: on the last pic, the area around the magnet looks a bit red, but that's just because of the lighting conditions