I am a 14 and want the strongest and best magnet implant for my ring finger in the pad( closed)

edited July 2018 in Magnets

i need a list of supplies i need for self surgery or having a friend/family perform the procedure. i would love if somone in michigan could respond so we can talk and eventually see if they could perform the surgery. i am very interested in biohacking and am looking for a very strong magnet for my finger. please respond if you can help me in any way shape or form

Comments

• I can't say anything for certain but I would imagine no one outside of your family would be willing to implant it for you. There could be a mess there with you being a minor.

• my stepmom is a licensed phlebotomist and could probably perform the procedure

• Kiddo, there are so many resources out there. I'd go so far to say if you figured out all of this stuff yourself.. sourced your magnet, sourced the appropriate equipment, and learned how to do it safely.. then you're mature enough to get one. On the other hand, I have a 17 year old friend who's like a son to me. I still won't put one in him until he's of age. There is no harm in waiting.
  • @Cassox is right. Especially with a growing body and the lack of research on how an implant could affect the growth of nerves. The ability to source and purchase materials yourself along with knowing and implementing safety will show that you’re mature enough to implant; this is contrary to having the materials handed to you. Imagine your female coevals getting breast implants at your age. There’s a reason why they can’t and it’s the same reason you can’t get a permanent tattoo at your age either.
  • > @nothot said:
    > @Cassox is right. Especially with a growing body and the lack of research on how an implant could affect the growth of nerves. The ability to source and purchase materials yourself along with knowing and implementing safety will show that you’re mature enough to implant; this is contrary to having the materials handed to you. Imagine your female coevals getting breast implants at your age. There’s a reason why they can’t and it’s the same reason you can’t get a permanent tattoo at your age either.

If u r considered about nerves growing maybe look in to implants that r instilled in to kid. And I would look For the medical papers and trails
  • First you'll obviously need a magnet, the best magnets intended for bio use I've found on the market are silicone coated magnets. The issue with these are they are bulky and are often only sold to professional piercers. The best magnets that are "not intended" for internal use are probably multi layer magnets with a coating of nickel, then a coating of gold, then TiN and a final coating of Parylene. The problem with this is these are very expensive and often you have to buy in bulk, which wont work for the average person. Because of this many opt for a TiN coating, you can find these stocked at Super Magnet Man, they do have a minimum order quantity of ten, and there shipping prices aren't great, but its currently the best option I've found. Your going to need a sterile scalpel, not very hard to source you can get these locally at a Pharmacy, on on Ebay. Unless you love pain, which I'm guessing you don't youll want something to numb the pain, you can use Ice Water and salt but this is not really ideal, the best thing is lidocaine, you can get this from Dangerous Things, they sell it as a PMK (Pain Management Kit). Once the surgery is done youll need a way to close the wound, a normal stitch can be temping but should probably be avoided as the magnet will be attacked to the metal needle. Starry strips, Medical Glue, or both are great. Do as much research as you can before doing the implant, and make sure to consider the cons of a magnet implant as well, and the risks.

Good Luck,

HalfHuman

• if i am able to find the information on this and file a report onto the website could i ask the people of this forum so send some form of proof that they vouch that i am mature or informed enough to do this?
    if so i will begin the report and gathering of information and publish it after completion.

• my report may take a while as i am only able to work on it every other week due to the schedule between parents houses.

• @nathanielryan Who is the vouch for? Your parents? Why are they going to trust a bunch of people on the internet. You need to show your own maturity through your actions rather than have other people say it for you.
  • @nathanielryan My advice is to wait a year and see if you still want to. I jumped in way too fast a few years ago and tried to implant a gold plated eBay magnet. I had no idea what I was doing, and thankfully didn’t hurt myself too much, but it could’ve been a lot worse. Do your research, get only the best supplies, and have a game plan for every step of the procedure. It’ll be expensive too. $60 for a Haworth magnet, plus another $50 to $100 for scalpels, topical anesthetic,
    medical grade CA glue, sterile gauze and aftercare supplies, etc. Just be safe and smart.

• edited July 2018
    I am going just say do what everyone has told u to do and think on it for a year or two

Ps. We just don’t want u to get Hurt or worse. That’s y so many people r hear
  • Nathaniel, don't get discouraged either. You are young. It's a perfect time to start really learning about this stuff and figuring out what ways you want to get involved and contribute. You're totally welcome on these forums and it's even if you lack knowledge, the questions you ask can be a means of us reexamining what we think we know.
    What are your interests? I was speaking with a friend the other day about how I wish I knew more electronic engineers. I've made a ton of progress with coatings and now I have to start figuring out items to coat. There are at the very least two fantastic EE people in the community but they're always busy. Learning to work with arduinos etc. is a great way to hone your skills and get involved.

• @nathanielryan I’m not trying to be mean, I’m simply warning that at your age, it’s not a great idea to implant and use a bunch of people on the internet as your sole source of information. However, as @Cassox mentioned, learning about biohacking is certainly welcomed and encouraged. For all we know, you might find a breakthrough in biocompatible coatings when you get older in your studies(although it may not seem like it now.) I remember finding my passion for programming by playing online games and talking to people in the forums and biohacking for me is a way to extend that into my day-to-day life.
  • i thank you all for your concern and your advise. i will heed the warnings and do at least a few years of research before doing any surgery. i may go into the more genetic biohacking and work on improving the current technologies we have for our hobby and creation. i hope that through this forum i can find others like me as well as learn from the experts. thank you all. you have answered my question for this discussion

• Thank you for joining Us