Biohacking websites/blogs/podcasts/books/ect.

Hello everybody! I'm relatively new here, although I've had an interest in the community for a while now and have been reading as much on this as I've been able to during that time. I still have tons to learn obviously and look forward to it, but I've noticed that resources for this particular culture are hard to come across online, or at least mildly inconvenient. So I've made a list of links and books (including Web comics and sci-fi novels) as well as other types of media I feel are relevant to where our interest lie, if not directly related. I think making all these easy to find is essential to making the culture grow and fueling the interest of anyone who might come across the forum. It's a cold, lonely, interweb for the aspiring grinder. Anyway, feel free to criticize anything I put on the list, as I haven't fully checked out everything myself yet (although I do plan to). I encourage anyone with anything to add to please do so, a bigger list of resources would be wonderful. Little disclaimer, some of these resources I found on the forums, thank you to the original posters, I just thought it would be nice to have it all in one place.

Podcasts:

• Two Cyborgs and a Microphone (Brian McEvoy and Tim Shank)
  • Dangerous Minds (Couldn't find their names :/)
  • Future Grind (Ryan O'Shea)
  • Smart Drug Smarts (Jesse Lawler)

Significant Figures:

• Aubrey De Grey
  • Tim Cannon
  • Kevin Warwick
  • Steve Mann
  • Jeffrey Tibbetts
  • Alex Smith
  • Brian Hanley

Noteworthy Companies and Websites:

• Grindhouse Wetware
  • Dangerous Things
  • Cyberise.me
  • Cryptkey.Org
  • The Thought Emporium
  • Hackaday.io
  • The Odin
  • Cyberpunk Directory
  • Biopunk Directory
  • DIY-Bio.com
  • National Center for Biotechnology Information
  • H+ Magazine
  • Augmentation limitless
  • BJA Magnetics
  • Harvard Biodesign Lab
  • Powder City Supplements

Sci-fi novels/comics/webcomics:

• Drugs and Wires
  • The Talos Project
  • Dresden Codak
  • Transmetropolitan
  • Doktor Sleepless
  • Metal Made Flesh
  • Neuromancer
  • The Diamond Age
  • Ghost in the Shell
  • Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

Movies/T.V. Shows:

• Ex_Machina
  • Mr.Robot
  • The Matrix
  • The Terminator
  • Elysium
  • Limitless
  • Her

Non-fiction Books:

• Mark O' Connell (To be a machine)
  • Adam Piore (The Body Builders)
  • Miguel Nicolelis (Beyond Boundaries)
  • Zhavoronkov, Alex, (The ageless generation)
  • MacManus, Richard. (Health trackers)
  • Aubrey De Grey (Ending Ageing)

Events:

• Grindfest
  • DEFCON

Comments

• Good list! Some missing things, just off the top of my head:

Significant Figures:

• Rich Lee
    • Lepht Anonym

Noteworthy Companies and Websites:

• Biohack.me ;)

Sci-fi novels/comics/webcomics:

• Akira

Movies/T.V. Shows:

• Ghost in the Shell
    • Serial Experiments Lain
    • Akira
    • Blade Runner
    • Black Mirror

Events:

• bodyhacking con (bdyhax)
  • And hey, there is a category missing-

Video games:

• Deus Ex
    • Observer
    • Quadrilateral Cowboy
  • There is a huge category missing it should be labeled something like "Basic Science Info" and it's should include stuff like books on how cells work and what does what in the body because the community is made up of some people who have formal education but a lot more who know nothing about the body and its many systems.

• You're correct. Thank you both for pointing that out, but my intention was not a complete list, as I don't at all have complete list. However if you have any recommendations for more resources in those categories or any other categories please add them to the thread. My hope is that we can get as many as we can on here.

• All my books are textbooks which are much help to people who don't have access through a school altho there are some great youtube vids on it

• @Zwytechhacker what bookks are those? Library Genesis is always there to lend an elevating hand

• A good one to start with is A dynamic approach to biotechnology 1 Instruction the Fusion of Imagination and inquiry

• This one I'm sure a lot of people have heard of, but there's Gray's anatomy. Also this one doesn't directly relate to transhumanism, but it's really interesting, it's called biocentrism by Robert Lanza.