Interest in brain training

edited August 2016 in Everything else
Hello all,

I'm interested in brain training and meditation. By brain training I'm not talking about games and by meditation  I'm not talking about relaxation. What I am interested in is breaking through bad thought habits and construct mind complexes that will be more useful in this era (such as multi-stream auditive processing). This is, in my eyes, a process within the human mind and the outside world might not be able to completely change it's behaviour from the outside in a 100% constructive manner.

Anyway, now you know where my thoughts and interests lie, I would like to ask this biohack.me if there are any people with similar interests. I am just a teenager experimenting with his own mind, but I might be able to share a little about my thoughts, but I am no scientist. I won't be showing off my mechanics without getting anything back. It's quite personal how people think, at least, to me it is. I think the knowledge should come from both sides on this area of biohacking.

Thank you for reading. I hope people can understand my difficulties with sharing this kind of information and my opinions about what is truly engaging the mind.

- Background

PS: I'm not sure where you guys normally discuss and how you do so, if there is any particular interest, I would love to be informed about which kind of communication channels exist.

Comments

• Welcome. You in the right place to discuss it. A lot of the people (if they understand the question) will respond with information they either know or look up.

When you say multistream auditive processing are you referring to the ability to "tone out" the useless information and only focus on the stuff you are interested in?

I tried a quick search to try and clear my confusion but didn't find that specific phrasing.

I think you need a little more detail, at least for me, inorder to really off some information up. This is a site where lots of ideas flow around between people and not many people do the "ill show you mine if you show me yours".
  • Nailed it one thing you might if you don't all ready is do a mindful living exercises, stress and anger are two things that eat up a lot of my attention. Once I started being mindful of them my short term memory improved dramatically. I am not sure 100% that you are looking for information like that but it is a good place to start.

Sincerely,
    John Doe
  • Diet is a good place to start
  • Your comment, "I am just a teenager experimenting with his own mind, but I might be
    able to share a little about my thoughts, but I am no scientist. I won't
    be showing off my mechanics without getting anything back."

Makes me a little hesitant to offer any real suggestions.  The "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" makes it appear that you are still a young teen and it might not be a good idea to do too much messing around with a developing brain.

A good diet and meditation sound fairly safe though.  You MIGHT want to look into binaural beats or self hypnosis.  I have been experimenting with TDCS but can't really tell if it is doing anything other than causing mild discomfort but don't know how good of an idea it would be to electrically stimulate a brain that is still growing.
  • got any chakra crystals for sale?  i need muh crystalz
  • @Birdhandz
    I saw that and thought the samething, I still figured he deserves a chance. For awhile I had a simlar train of thought granted there was different circumstances. Point being I warmed up with time....
    @ightden
    I gotz sum want 2trade?0_o