Is this magnet ok?

edited June 2016 in Magnets
https://supermagnetman.com/collections/neodymium/products/d1005a-parylene?variant=11410256259

Will this do the trick? And how long will a parylene coated magnet hold? ( I am new here)...

And I wont do the procedure myself. But if I let someboady else do it. What are the instructions to tell him? If you just say: "Make a cut on the right side of my finger and place the magnet in" it probably wont go the right way XD 
Tagged:

Comments

• Have you read the wiki? It has ALOT of the info your looking for.

There are LOTS of threads about that magnet. Give it a search.
  • I ordered some of the parylene magnets from supermagnetman and all of them were shit coating and when I told him he wouldn't even refund it or send me new ones, so I waisted like 15$ in different shapes and sizes on their magnets. Not an awesome supplier.
  • @Benbeezy OK, good to know.  I also live in the netherlands so that will almost mean guaranteed damage to the coating then. And I have to pay a shit ton of money for shipping costs. Do you know any other places you can get better ones?

• Dangerousthings.com and cyberise.me when they become available again. There is a pinned thread regarding it.
  • @Meanderpaul I know, but I wanted a cheaper magnet. I won't be doing it myself so I will have to pay surgery costs for the implant. And I don't wan't to add another 50 dollars for the magnet.
  • @Gamerein simply put, you can coat your own and probably mess things up, you can order one pre messed up, or just wait and pay for it. The reason they are $60ish is because they try and make sure it won't rust inside of your body and reject. Those other options will feel look and be okay for a few months, but after that they need to come out. 
  • maybe ask mommy for some more allowance money so you can get a magnet that is safe to implant?
  • Generally the rule is, if you have to ask, then it's not going to be safe

@ightden play nice now :p
  • lol @ightden and @Gamerein -as others said, there is a very good reason why you are paying alot for the magnets. these guys  know how many things can go wrong with the magnet inside your body, how the different coatings interact, and make sure to take the time to test them thoroughly to make sure that they have an uncompromised coating. these guys have been at this stuff for quite a bit of time and know what they are doing . i would say that they are more knowledgeable about their product than steve haworth (and quite assuredly you or i ;) . so if you're looking for something cheap, you better know how to coat that stuff yourself. or else you can depend on a pretty quick rejection, or worse infection.  to sum up - trust me. this is the best deal there is .
  • @Dragon5
    Yeah, I am gonna buy the dangerousthings magnet. 

You may shut up now. Or my mom will take-away youre computer. 
  • ok kids, let's play nice or you're going to bed without supper tonight.
  • Since the question's been answered, it's looking like I should probably close this before things get too derailed
This discussion has been closed.