Magnet finger implant diy

edited May 2016 in Magnets
Hello, I am new to this forum, and this is my first thread.
(Yeah I read the wiki and the first page thingy already)
Anyways, I have something to ask.
Is this magnet suitable for the implant?
And if yes, do I need anything to coat it (Since I'll probably do it at home, it should be easily obtainable.)?
Also when I am shoving the magnet in my finger, do I need anything else then cutter knives, alcohol swabs and some freezing water to numb my hand?
Thanks in advance!
Tagged:

Comments

• My initial opinion says get be patient and get an m31 and have it done by a professional.

I'll explain. You say cutter knives instead of scalpel which to me means you don't know really what you will be doing.

Second you asked if it needs a coating.

I'm not trying to be rude in anyway even if it sounds like it. I would bypass ice water since it doesn't do much of anything except make your hand hard to grip.

If you do want to do it you need to sterilize EVERYTHING including you. Gloves are needed a clean work place and I'd have some one to help either for support or to make sure you don't pass out.
  • I'd have a professional do it too if you're brand new to this. Even not being a total newbie to implants and having read up on all the literature I can find, my first magnet will be done by a professional. If nothing else so I can watch the procedure firsthand to get a better idea of it. I learned how to suture by having my doc explain each step as I watched him stitch me up from a stupid food processor accident.
  • simply, no. its not in a safe coating, you will rust the magnet inside of your body in no time. Side note, if you want a magnet like that, that ebay listing is a pretty high price.
  • Thanks everyone.
    But since I live in south korea, I have not much access to just go somewhere and ask some professionals to do it.
    What other options may I have?
    Maybe buy an m31 with the kit and do it?
    Also, I was kidding about the ice water lol
  • edited May 2016
    for me, i got a pain management kit and 1 size 15 scalpels from Dangerousthings.com and those same size magnets online. im going to coat a few in different materials and see how tough/small they are then implant the best one myself. im sterilizing absolutely everything and trying to be as cautious as possible.

you should watch at least 3 procedures online so you have a clear idea of what youre doing.
  • Either cyberise.me or dangerousthings.com will have most everything you will need to do it. I'm sure you could also find a lot of it offline in a store.
  • the dangerousthings pain management kit comes with 5ml of lidocaine which is really nice
  • edited May 2016
    Yea, I actually looked through those sites, but none of them seem to currently sell magnets? And it's kinda expensive too for a small one use kit
  • I mean I can afford to buy these
    and maybe these too, but
    this no. $50 for just a magnet? and additional $20 for shipping?!
    That's just insane!
  • @mingu2001, you get what you pay for.  Titanium nitride is the current "gold standard" in bioproof magnet coatings.  There are other things in the pipe with the potential to outperform even TiN, but the costs for those will likely be even more.  TiN coatings have proven tricky to get right, though, thus delaying new shipments of m31s.
  • lmao go ahead and cheap out on a magnet and post pics when your finger gets infected and the magnet rejects plz
  • Yeah if you want to stay cheap it's not likely going to work out and you will end up having to cut it out so more kits. If there was cheap option everyone would have done it and we wouldn't say to go to those people.
  • OK then thx everyone.