General Question

edited April 2016 in Community
So i'm completely new to biohacking( I actually only found out about it when I read a James Rollins book:P). And I'm wondering if anyone has any advice, like when I should do my first biohack, what it should be etc.( Also whats your view on me drilling sockets into my knuckles so I can insert spikes?)
Tagged:

Comments

• edited April 2016
    There are some low risk high reward sleep hacks I use from time to time, will link....
    http://forum.biohack.me/discussion/1323/sleep-hacks#Item_56

The more urgent thing now, DRILLING holes in joints are a bad idea the whole thing in general is a bad idea as a matter a fact, in the (highly likely) event of rejection I don't know how you would get that out of the bone. We are just barely getting to transdermal implants.... But if you want to take a walk at it post picks and procedure before doing it someone can offer guidance.... Just don't hit someone/thing with them they will hurt like hell, and reject....
  • Ok I'll be a little more direct. Don't do it for a first time thing and drilling may seem like a good idea but mounting might be a better idea.
  • What do you mean 'mounting'? Do you have any suggestions for a first time biohack?
  • My suggestion is to start with an RFID or nfc chip and work your way up to a magnet then go on.

I do not but there are plenty of threads referring to adding reinforcements to bone. Most end up just being theory because transdermal doesn't work very well. @chironex and @cassox have WAY more information and knowledge.

Check out the thread http://forum.biohack.me/discussion/comment/15630#Comment_15630

It has everything you might want to know about your wolverine claw idea.
  • How about before you try a "biohack" read through some of the threads about implants, maybe read the wiki to see how some of these things work and you'll get a much better idea of where to start. Understand that anything other than changing your sleep schedule or diet or making a wearable device, "biohacks" require some sort of surgical procedure, like your knuckle spikes for example. This isn't something to take lightly as it carries very real risks. Also bone anchored anything is dangerous and more difficult.