New to this

edited April 2016 in Community
Hey I'm new to the biohacking scene and I'm really interested in more. Anyone care to discuss things? Implants you have, wearables, implantables, Stories, 
etc? 
Tagged:

Comments

• Also being semi-new, never be afraid to read everything you can.

Have a very good understanding of what your doing before you do it, should you choose to do anything fun. Read all the things and understand all the procedures. ^^
  • I already want to do a magnet implant as well as an RFID. The RFID I can get a kit to implant it myself. The magnet I'm not as sure about yet. I also want to learn more about the possibilities and things I can do with the RFID as well as it's limitations.
  • My first one was an RFID in the outer part of my hand. I also thought I could do it on my own but was very quickly shown that I needed a third arm/hand. Tenting the skin and injection is very hard to do and I discussed the he'll out of it in a thread when I was getting mine.

Also welcome welcome! Don't be afraid to ask questions.
  • Welcome aboard! 

We just had Grindfest02 where a group of biohackers got together in southern CA  talking shop, learning new skills and having fun for three days. 

The thing I found most helpful was reaching out to nearby people to network. Everyone I've met so far has been super friendly and interested in helping new people. We all have different skills and interests so it makes for great collaboration and inspiration to interact with the group.

• I suggest also doing a search for meet ups in your area. There are plenty of people that can talk and help you out.

• Thanks guys! Ill definitely ask questions as I think of them. I'm also trying to apply wearable tech. I have a smart watch that I'm trying to set up as a low profile USB hacking tool or some such. May change that idea later in favor of something else that catches my fancy.