18 RGB LEDs under the skin, rechargeable, and bluetooth controlled

2»

Comments

• I am using the base from the adafruit app (its open source so why not) but really that will be more of a me app for everyone else to base their own on it. I kinda see it being like google cardboard, a make the hardware and a kind of sdk for it and let everyone make whatever they want with it. I have no interest in make a one app does it all solution. @ChrisBot

@Zerbula to be honest I am a bit worried about putting on in my self :p but I know a lot of people are wanting something like this, and I will do it for the first proof of concept. I don't see anything going wrong with it. I just hope I can keep it really thin. I am going to try and get it done on flex board since its only 2 layer it should be possible. that will help the thickness a lot. I just don't want to the northstar bump
  • edited March 2016
    Coooool! Have you decided on a flexible coating yet? That keeps coming up in discussions of implants...
     Also I'll totally guinea pig, as well!
  • edited March 2016
    By native nature of how active I can be, especially with how much my hands go through, I REALLY would be afraid of having that in my hands. >~< Myself personally, I prefer things to be heavily overdone. Not that this doesn't look sturdy, but i could still see it getting damaged with not a ton of difficulty. :s

Kyocera's Brigadier is a wonderful phone, by the way. i've blocked punches with it and thrown it at people no problem. In the rain. 

Have you decided where you are going to put it, out of curiosity? I just thought of a super interesting (albeit very risky/scary). What if you could wrap one of these around your eye? :O
  • @Zerbula
    a cyborg eye would so SOOOO cool!!! I coated my old BLE audio implant in this stuff and I wore down multiple dermal grinding bits to get the flashing off of it. The stuff is touch. The skin over it on the other hand is a bit less tough. If you have a bump as big as the northstar you will have issues. Justins hand looks far from perfect from what I have seen him post the skin looks like its not super happy, and has some damage to it. 

@Helyx I have not tried to get any flexible coating because it doesn't need it for this one. it doesn't move, and I can polish the sides to make it feel nice in your body. You will probably never do an implant in a joint. so I don't get the big fuss about trying to get flexible coatings. 
  • What about a flexible coating for a thinker circuit, to go in say the forearm?