Transdermal: Why it doesn't work, how we can make it work.

13»

Comments

• May I ask is that implant coated?
  • @JohnDoe, yah it is. That is the point of this thread/experiment. To test the coating
  • Okay now I know what to ask, for the hydroxyapatite did you use ashed bone or did you synthesize it from Calcium hydroxide and phosphoric acid?
    @glims you said you applied it useing HV were you trying to electrostatics you deposit it? Like when you use a balloon to make a girl hair stand up?
  • It was made by coprecipitation of ammonium dihydrogen phosphate and calcium nitrate using ammonia to precipitate it. That was then dried and mixed sodium silicate to form a smooth liquid that can be painted on easily

• edited January 2016
    @Chironex
    Does this material that could store well like paint or was it more like a 2-part epoxy? Also if I may ask as to what amounts did you mix the Chems to? I am revisiting injectable magnets after seeing your success with this new coating.
  • It's more like 2 part epoxy if you only make a small amount. Also I wouldn't use this on a magnet. It's meant for transdermals only. I'm working on a version for regular implants. Will keep you posted. 
  • @chironex any news/progress on this. I'm highly interested for multiple reasons.
  • So many things have changed on this since anything was last posted. Chironex is going full retard with a bunch of slides for the bodyhackingcon. I'll hassle him when I see him to give a full and comprehensive update.

Suffice it to say, research and experimental techniques are slow. Many setbacks, a handful of breakthroughs.  Updates soooooon

• So what I've got so far. Switched from big implant to microdermals for the sake of testing coatings. Been experimenting with chitosan based coatings and it seems to he going well. I implanted a coated microdermals into a friend and am digging it back out today to check the coating and see how it held up. Pictures and such will come in a bit. Its been healing niicely so far. The chitosan layer gets coated with dilute sodium silicate. Which gets turned into hA in the body. So chitosan acts as a matrix, ha encourages tissue in growth as well. Simple and easy to use. So hopefully it held up nicely which it seems to have
  • that's promising. I'm quite excited about it in general. How about exploring pre-coating surface treatments? You mentioned the requirement to roughen things up for better adhesion. Would sandblasting be a good option? Especially for more complex geometry and the ability to mask areas.
  • So I don't know when/if the talks from bodyhacking con will be uploaded but I made a video that covers one part of the talk (the transdermal project). It details a lot of what's been posted here as well the implant procedure and the progress of the project. LINK
  • Anything new on this? I still crave a transdermal "something", and eagerly await a coating that makes it long-term-feasible.
  • It's been pushed to the back until I finish some of my other bits and get settled in a new lab. Working my ass off to get the battery and nanobots made.
  • Seems reasonable, best of luck with things.
  • What's the status of this? I'm interested in something bigger depending on how this 'paint' turned out.
  • Just thinking of other possible solutions to the transdermal problem...

Could a transdermal be wrapped in a pocket of skin? with perhaps a small patch of transplanted tissue from the inside of the cheek or other mucus membrane in order to generate a small but constant outward flow of fluid for self cleaning purposes?

I'm thinking of a much smaller version of the procedure used to produce a neovagina in m2f gender re-assignment surgery.