blue beetle -biotech

edited February 2016 in Everything else
would it be possible to create a body armour like blue beetle's or similar? i mean- creating a complex piece of biotech that could lets say merge with the human body and respond to all the natural reflexes of the body and more.

#didn't means to get so comic book friendly... sorry.(only example close enough to my idea)
Tagged:

Comments

• Not possible at current tech levels.
  • REALLY! WELL THANKS ANYWAYS MAYBE ONEDAY!!!
    I READ YOUR DISCUSSIONS BY THE WAY VERY COOL!
  • HEY WHAT ABOUT THIS ARTICLE...
     ACCORDING TO THIS THE US. GOV IS A GETTING THEIR VERY OWN "IRON MAN" TALOS OR SOMETHING?
  • Exoskeletons are real but they're not biohacking.
  • You could get subdermal armor implants. But they're always there and they're not controlled by your brain given that there is nothing to control.
  • We've been all over subdermal armor. Do not. It won't.
  • Since this post doesn't have a whole lot of rail at the moment I feel no problem with a derail. I think that the reason we are hitting a wall with pushing forward with new implants, the subdermal armor/weapon idea etc. is that analysis is happening at too high/broad of a level.

Ok, first off.. why? I'm fine with the answer being because I want it/like it whatever.. but being very specific as to function helps in design. Are you looking to get beaten with bats? Survive a sword slash? Take a tank round to the chest? Just look really cool? What's the purpose?

Second, what are the factors stopping us from moving forward? Identifying the limiting factors.. what needs to happen to overcome them?
  • Ok, so for me personally.. I don't care about subdermal armor. It almost inevitably comes with downsides and for me personally little upside when compared with something external. Now, I do think that some like exoskeleton tech would be awesome to play with. It isn't "biohack" "grind" stuff perse.. but who gives a shit? I mean, is there some rule here where we have to stay within a certain box?
  • Not really and if there is we should bend it to hell and back, look with full build documention:

And if it is two much of a problem that it is not biohacking why not just throw a ECG on to it and use that to track our movements?

Sincerely,
    John Doe
  • Personally a nice little exo to me for lifting and if I remember right some one made a pretty decent backyard one for a about $100 USD.