Swelling around (not new) m31
I'd like some input from you guys. First a bit of context: I have two magnetic implants - A paralyne one in my left ring finger for close to two years now, and an m31 in my middle finger for over a year. The m31 is one of the early original batch.
The m31 wound up settling pretty close to the surface of the skin so it created a visible rounded bump on the surface. Occasionally this bump got caught on things which would generally be painful for 5-30min then would stop. It is also not uncommon to have a faint bruise over it. Occasionally this would happen while I was sleeping (not sure what I'd manage to catch it on but I've woke up with it hurting more than once, always to be fine within 5-30 min)
Sunday morning I woke up and it was painful, but as this had happened before I didn't initially think much of it. However, I noticed that it was more painful than usual and swollen.
It's been about 72 hours now and the swelling has somewhat reduced but it remains painful to the touch and occasionally painful without touching. A portion of the pad of my finger was red, this now seems to have reduced to a ~1cm circle around the implant, and there is a slightly bruise over the location of the magnet. It seems to be asymmetric more mainful and swollen on the radial side than the ulnar.
At no point did the swelling appear to get worse than when I initially woke up, it just hasn't gotten significantly better. With the exception that it naturally increases a bit when I use the finger more and decreases after. The only other time I had swelling around a magnet was after I dropped a 60lb steel scuba tank on my ring finger (not from very high) and that went away after about 5-7 days.
Of potentially relevant note is that my hands frequently get cold easily and the weather here has been colder than usual the past few days. In the past I've noticed slight discomfort from the magnets when my hands have gotten cold, but certainly nothing like this
I can't imagine I could have done anything traumatic enough to compromise the integrity of the magnet or coating while asleep, so I'm inclined to think that's not what happened. Could I have some how?
Has anyone had a similar experience? Any advice? Any thoughts?