RFID cloning to implanted tags

13»

Comments

• Excellent news!! I've been itching to try cloning something onto mine, but the proxmark3 has quite a steep pricetag. This sounds like a WAY more viable option :) let us know once you stock em!
  • I am extremely excited to get my paws on one of these cloners. I will be cloning my college entry card. So stoked.

Thanks for the effort you have put into this thus far @AlexSmith.
  • @Meanderpaul all cloners from the same manufacturer use the same password, if you lost the cloner, you could buy another and not need to reset chip password.
  • That's good @alexsmith that was one of my concerns. When might we see this bad Larry up on the site?
  • edited October 2015
    The cloners are still in shipping, but I have some good news. I can now successfully remove the password set by the cloner with the proxmark3.

It's somewhat complicated, and I should write a guide/blog post about how to do it when I have time, but for those who need to do it, the cloners set the password 51243648, use this password with the proxmark3 to reset the implant and make it fully re-writable again.
  • Sweeeeeettttttt!
  • Any update on this? Might finally have a use for my chip, but still need to get my hands on a cloner.
  • BirdMachine  sorry for the delay, sometimes other things take up all my time, but this is moving forward, hopefully only 1 week (max 2) until these are  ready.
  • edited November 2015
    @alexsmith I don't know if you meant to but there is no add to cart for the cloner on the site. Is it not available or just an error?
  • Meanderpaul and everyone else I guess: yes, it is intentionally disabled, I have in fact had the cloners for a while now, I've just been holding off releasing them because I wanted to have someone beta test one first. 

I sent one to a someone who just got an implant so he could try using it. It didn't work for him, I think the most likely cause is that the implant is too far from the cloner, which is probably because it was just implanted and there is some swelling. I have suggested he leaves it for a week or two until it is fully healed and he can get the cloner closer to the implant.

I have the cloners now, if you really one want, you can order it, but that there is a small risk that it may not work if the implant is too deep. I know the cloners do work because I have used them to clone my work access card to the implanted chip in my forearm, but it is not very deep. 

If people want to take the risk, I can enabled them now...

• I'll happily wait it out. Was just curious.
  • Succesfully copied my HID (125KHZ ATA5577 WG37) work id to this chip using this reader

Was a bit of a hassle due to the readers poor range, was able to pinpoint a "sweetspot" on the writer and write to the chip

Works very well with the standard HID door openers, not so well with the keypad ones. can get it to read the chip but only in a very specific location on the scanner
  • Does anyone know if the xEM / ATA5577 can be coded work with Paxton Net2 entry systems? They seem quite common in the UK and that's what my workplace uses. They're 125kHz but from my earlier checks they don't seem to be EM4xxx compatible.

• This seems awesome. I've been putting off a chip implant for a while because I have no use for one (no reader, iPhones don't read them, etc). This seems like it may change my mind though.

One question - having a very limited knowledge of RFID/NFC chips in general, are HID and EM41X cards the most commonly used? As in, would a hotel key card *probably* use that type?

I'm also assuming credit card chips, etc would be out of the question.

Remember, very limited knowledge. Use small words. Haha.
  • Alternate not really, sometimes HID and EM cards are used in hotels, but in my personal experience, they more commonly use HF chips like Mifare Classic and Mifare Ultralight.

In my experience HID and EM cards are most commonly found in building access systems, such as office buildings, apartments and dorm rooms.

• Cheers @AlexSmith. I'll have to do some reading.
  • So if these can be used to read/write/clone RFID cards to one another, that seems to mean that your "pool" of RFID info is only as complex as the number of tags you actually physically have on hand, and you lose one once you start the process. Is there any way to manually input values to be written to an RFID chip, so you can make up a new ID or to manually store ones you've overwritten in case you want them back?
  • zombiegristle yes, absolutely, LF RFID tags are just a simple (in theory) unique number, the length of the number is different for different card types, but for HID cards it's 9 digit long (hex). 

If you are using one of the hand held cloners, you can only copy existing cards, but if you are using a proxmark3 or slimier device you can simply tell it the number you want written to the card.
    I keep a text  file with the numbers of all my cards, so if I lose them I can just make new copies.
  • edited January 2016
    I use a HID badge at my job, and this is perfect! I'm planning on putting it in my eight hand, between thumb and finger. It's my dominant hand though. My left hand has a cylinder magnet in that spot. My wife promised me she will implant the chip for me, told me she wouldn't hurt me alot, just much...

However, I want to make sure about something;
    The reader will scan my HID badge and copy onto chip?
  • Already found my answer, but site does not let me edit previous post.

Will be buying this shortly @AlexSmith
  • Bought both the rewriteable RFID and the reader/writer.

Sadly did not work on my work badge. It did however work on my old work badge, but when attempting to use at work my "transactions" were not found. I believe this to be because we changed to newer HID cards.

If anyone is interested in buying it from me, let me know. I never touched the chip, injector or any of the sterile stuff. Its all in the original packaging.

I did play with the reader/writer, and it does work.