What do you put on your RFID/NFC implant ?

edited September 2015 in RFID/NFC
Everything is in the title. It's Just a question by curiosity.
Tagged:

Comments

• vCard with my contact details and a note with cryonics instructions
  • (Sorry for the title it's my french autocorrect)
    How much "space" does it take on it?
  • 190 bytes, and the chip has 888 - feels like a bit of a waste but it's nice to have the room if I want to expand with more data later
  • Why would you put contact details on rfid? or are you talking about NFC (xNT)?
  • NFC, and yeah xNT
  • I put a share URL to a dropbox folder. Right now I keep a bunch of APKs for setting up Android junk without going through Google to do it.
  • edited September 2015
    I've got this URL on it :

http://theweathermen1.bandcamp.com/track/scan-me

Used to unlock my phone with it.
  • What is the maximum storage capacity of a xNT (or other NFC) implant? I've read somewhere it was 2kb, but is there more?
  • Aw man chillieye that's taking me back to listening to a lot of crystal method and watching the matrix.
  • Lol, never really heard any crystal method, not sure they are that big over this side of the pond, and probably a shade before my time. They were on the chef aid album like. I think.

And initially I thought you'd wrote, taking crystal meth.
  • Same here i've thought of taking crystal meth... I'm a jerk.
  • xNT here, right now it just has a link to my blog. Phone case is too think to properly read my tag through reliably enough to use it as a phone unlocker (and even with just a bumper, the z3 seems to be a little finicky with my tag. Think it might be because of the depth/angle)
  • I've got code to unlock my phone and a poem on my NFC chip, and a clone of my apartment building key fob on my re-writable RFID chip.
  • Just to know (I'm a noob, remember) what kind of NFC chip have the best memory?
  • Implantable ones, there's only really one kind available and the chip is an NTAG216, sold by cyberise.me and dangerousthings.com - it stores 888 bytes.
  • I use my NFC chip in my wrist/forearm to control the lights in my house (Phillips Hue), share contact info, and to unlock my phone. There is actually an NFC based rewards system (https://www.flocktag.com/loyalty) that is used by lots of local businesses and my chip functions as a "card" for that.

My rewritable 125kHz chip in my wrist/forearm isn't currently being used, but I will soon be cloning my college ID card to it.

Finally my NFC chip between my shoulder blades just stores my Social Security Number.
  • can anyone on this forum please explain what the difference between an NFC chip, xMT and xNT is? (I'm very sorry if its already been answered I've spent the last 3 days searching this was the best place i found...)
    plus can you explain it as if i know nothing about this topic..... i do know enough to know I think i want an implant... but I'm not an expert, and I'm trying to find out if i really want to do it.
    I appologise in advance for being a nub...
    thank you very much as well!
  • edited March 2016
    @grasshopper I'm not sure what one the xMT is I think you meant the xEMI. But one is an RFID and one is an NFC.

NFC is what an android phone uses when you do the tap to send (back to back) with another phone or an iPhones Apple Pay. It requires contact (might as well be) to be able to read or write.

RFID is capable of being read from a distance (the distance varies) most normally used as a security badge for hospitals and secured buildings/rooms. RFID is also used in keyless cars like the new jeep liberty( only slightly different then the implantable, jeep is a powered.).

Certain readers/writers work with specific types so you need to know what one can do what and be used for what you want.

I would suggest reading the wiki and starting a new thread for more specific information.
  • Grasshopper Hi, I can explain the difference.

xNT is just name given to an ntag216 NFC chip sold by dangerousthings, it is just one particular NFC chip.

xMT is the dangerousthings name given to a Mifare Classic chip.

the difference between ntag216 and Mifare Classic is that ntag216 chips fully support the NFC protocol standard. This means they can be read/written by all devices. Mifare Classic is a property protocol from NXP, so only phones/readers with an NXP chip-set can read/write it.
  • @alexsmith I'm not able to find this xMT on dangerousthings. Even a search for it doesn't turn it up. Is it the same as xM1?

Alex smith is definitely the person to ask about those things.
  • I want to put a link to the trailer of the documentary on biohacking that I'm making on mine. 
  • Meanderpaul oh yeah, you are right. I was thinking of the xM1.
  • Few thought I was going crazy. Glad to know it was a typo unless the original poster @grasshopper found something else on a different site.
  • @alexsmith out of curiosity, what poem do you have stored on your NFC tag? That's a really neat idea.
  • Rclifford3 it's a poem from a fan fiction story I read a while ago, called "Caelum Est Conterrens" (Latin for "Heaven Is Terrifying"), I'll paste the poem below.

I am the playing, but not the pause.
    I am the effect, but not the cause.
    I am the living, but not the cells.
    I am the ringing, but not the bells.
    I am the animal, but not the meat.
    I am the walking, but not the feet.
    I am the pattern, but not the clothes.
    I am the smelling, but not the rose.
    I am the waves, but not the sea
    Whatever my substrate, my me is still me.
    I am the sparks in the dark that exist as a dream -
    I am the process, but not the machine.
  • Wow. Why am I not at all surprised by this?

I actually have a some text with a text to speech command written on my shoulder chip. I went to an anti-rfid site and copied their warning onto the chip....
  • I had the time and date and also at one point battery level as TTS output, nothing on it at the minute though.

It was only that you had to turn your screen on to read and I saw the time anyway then lol.
  • Ha, I just had my first encounter with someone I know on facebook posting anti-NFC/RFID chip stuff, not religious based more like government/corporation conspiracy paranoia, I think if they actually understood the technology and took the time to research it they'd be much less scared of it, your cell phone is way more dangerous if you're worried about the government/shady corporations tracking you lol. Anyways, right now all I have on mine is a link to my Linkedin profile, I'm job searching right now but haven't found an opportunity to show it off to any potential employers yet, I need to go to some networking events I think, I'm sure I could use it there. 
  • I have been thinking about getting a RFID dog tag
  • You know its funny, I have seen the various 'mark of the beast' thing around and all that, but in my personal life when I tell people about it (And I do have contact with many religious people) most of them have been fine with it. But I have ran into two people who I wouldn't describe as religious (One is an atheist, one is 'spiritual', spirit animals and all that) who have taken exception to it.

The Atheistic one thought it was wrong to try and extend your life or abilities above what evolution gave you (Yeah don't worry, it confused me for a minute. I thought he was taking the piss about religious people with the whole 'if god meant us to fly he would have given us wings' style objection), and that if we did it would be stagnating humanity/the end of evolution as we know it. The spiritual one was more objecting because it was putting non-natural materials inside you and you don't know what "chemicals" you are absorbing etc etc. I managed to get out of that one by pointing at an overhead plane and shouting "AHH! CHEMTRAILS! GET INSIDE QUICK". Not really. Wanted to though.