This looks like a joke but if it isnt I want it.

What do you guys think?
Tagged:

Comments

• It's doable, but the issue would be strain on the jaw. Anyone here knowledgeable about dental implants and jaw strength?
  • I would have to imagine it as feeling uncomfortable, at best.
  • Every one of those guys, rugby players, cringes when they use it. That could be instinct when putting sharp metal to your jawline but I can't imagine the first few times wouldn't be nerve wracking.
  • I don't know about you guys, but whenever my teeth have forces exerted on them it feels cringeworthy.

• So as long as you have large corporate backing to pay the doctor you can get away with any stupid implant you want? Where do I sign up for that deal!
  • Publicity stunts and money talk.
    It also helps that this is a standard tooth implant, identical in function if not appearance.
    Most of our stuff would probably be deemed 'medically unnecessary' and denied even for a corporation.
  • 1) I doubt this is real
    2) You can open a beer bottle your teeth. No implant needed.I don't recommend it.
    3) Done right, not much pressure is needed. I still don't recommend it.
  • Yeah, I've really looked at endosseous rods used in dental implants. I've tried to think of projects involving them but really haven't thought of anything worth pursuing. I don't see why they couldn't be used on other locations as well.
  • How similar are they to the taps they use for bone conducting hearing aids?
  • Well the dimensions appear very different. I haven't been able to find a size on the Bone Conducting Implant, but the dental implant rods are very long.