Sourcing lidocaine and sutures.

I got another M31 in the mail a few weeks ago, and am very eager to implant it. Anybody got a good source online for lido and suture materials?
Tagged:

Comments

• Never mind, I should just order the PMK off Dangerous Things. Has anybody used it, and would vouch for it?
  • Dangerous things is legit. No need to worry.
  • edited July 2015
    I've done plenty of checking up on Amal and his sourcing. It's safe, real, and effective. Sutures can be found on amazon. You can buy a whole kit, minus the PMK, from @cassox
  • I used medical super glue instead of sutures, it was super nice and easy, I have no scar, and it healed very quick.
  • @ TTheGreyKnight

Does the lido in the PMK contain adrenaline?
  • Took a look at the MSDS, although I have no chemistry background. That said, I didn't see mention of epinephrine, so I'm guessing it's safe in that regard.
  • I have personally used the Dangerous Things PMK with perfectly satisfactory results. Did a digital nerve block on the left ring finger and couldn't feel a thing for the duration of the implant.

Highly recommended.
  • edited July 2015
    Unless you know what you're doing, I'd recommend against using sutures, but if you have to, try practicing on a chicken or something first. Without practice, suturing on yourself will have a really high mistake rate, but its pretty easy to get right with a bit of practice. 
  • I've done one deer leg, or part of the leg. Did only a few stitches, was pressed for time. It was quite difficult to poke through. I'm hoping that by the time I implant myself, my own skin won't be so bloody difficult to pierce.

That being said, I am not yet confident enough to do myself. I'm almost thinking of going to the medi-clinic post-surgery and getting them to stitch me up.
  • If it's that big of a deal, use superglue. Mediclinic would try and remove the magnet and honestly you need that shit sealed quick so it doesn't get infected and reject. Either do it properly yourself, or get someone to do it for you. Don't do half and half.
  • Alright. More suturing practice.
  • Again I recommend the super glue. Most of the recovery from these implants seems to be the stitches. the super glue got hard and I could use my finger like normal only a few minutes after getting it put in. and the glue is FAST wipe off the blood and coat, done. Maybe 5 seconds tops. After a few day all of the super glue fell off in one large flake and my finger was healed up under it.
  • I disagree. Sutures allow for seeping/drainage immediately after the procedure decreasing the risk of infection. Dermabond is contraindicated for use on the hands, feet, and joints unless kept dry and immobilized at all times. Dermabond is used on wounds neccesitating a 5-0 suture or smaller. Fingers generally require a 4-0, which is larger. Dermabond is advised for superficial wounds such as skin flaps and tears,not deep incision such as made when implanting a magnet.
    Also, getting dermabond is just a difficult as getting a suture. "superglue" is different and has issues with toxicity and inflammation.

Here's the thing. I've worked ER. People do come in with torn up hands that get Dermabonded back together and sent home. The stuff is good. I've also seen people use superglue plenty of times, but these are not deep incisional wounds that contain a foreign body. I'm not saying that you can't have success with the method... but sutures reall are better and simple. You can even do a series of granny knots.
  • ^ my magnet rejected when i used liquid bandage on it. when retried using a stitch, no rejection occurred.
  • To echo what cassox said, a suture is better. If you find for some unexpected reason you can't, glue/dermabond would be better than leaving it open for hours. But just learn your damn sutures. xD